14

today, everything that could've gone wrong went wrong. it was saturday, which should actually be a good thing.

you set your alarm for 8.15 am, in order to get up early to have enough time to get everything done before leaving. of course, you overslept. why? because you didn't press the am but the pm button, so it would go off in the evening.

problem number two, you couldn't find your new swimsuit. you'd bought it specifically for this tournament, but of course it had to be gone. for an alternative, there was your old one which was a little to tight for your taste but it had to do the work today.

leaving home late, you missed your bus. you'd picked any sweater that was lying around, but still didn't manage to be in time. your outfit was all in all to be describe as bum style; sweatpants, a sweater and your bag.

since the bus was no option anymore, you decided to run to the next train station, which left you all sweaty and tired.

you got to school ten minutes late, hastily making your way to the swimming pool. today was your tournament day. the qualifications for the interhigh prefecture championship.

at the entrance of the hall, saya was waiting for you obviously nervous. she waved her hands in stress when she finally saw you. „where have you been?! warm-up begins in three
minutes!" she exclaimed, catching a glimpse of her watch.

„i-i'm sorry" you stammered, totally out of breath, cool sweat dripping from your forehead. „my alarm didn't go off and i missed my bus!"

saya shook her head in disbelief but grabbed your arm to drag you along. she pushed you inside the changing rooms, which were empty since everybody already left. „c'mon, hurry! i don't want my number 1 swimmer to be disqualified!!" she said before shutting the door with a bang.

you fought yourself out of the sweater, hung it on one of the hooks and grabbed a towel, then headed out hastily. your sweatpants would stay on until it was your turn. bathing cap and swimming goggles were in your hand when you entered the hall through the special entry for participants.

your school was big enough to host this tournament; inarizaki was one of the many elite schools in japan.

the swimming hall could fit about three hundred people in it, just regarding the stands. but today, they weren't that full. barely any students came here because it was weekend, so only the parents and friends occupied some of the seats to cheer on their favorites.

for you, there was only saya. but that was more than enough.

you circled your arms while jogging to the others, careful not to slip. the trainer welcomed you with a nasty look, but let your tardiness pass without comment. changing your ponytail to a bin to fit your bathing cap over it, you attentively listened to the instructions, until he sent you all to swim your warm-up lanes.

***

suna wasn't very pleased by the fact that practice was cancelled. not because he wanted to play so eagerly, but because he drove all the way here for nothing. apparently, their trainer was sick and hadn't been able to contact anybody.

so now, suna was stuck with his team at
school, on the weekend to be mentioned. „maaaan!" atsumu groaned out loud, throwing his hands in the air like he was complaining
to god about his misery. his twin reacted with hitting the blonde's head. „shut up! yer
literally so annoying!" osamu admonished his brother.

atsumu winced and prepared to return the gesture - suna ready to unlock his phone and record the upcoming fight - , when their captain kita intervened. „stop it, you two!"