Chapter 33 - What to do now

The soldier wearing a balaclava comes walking down the hall, looks at Blaire sitting there with me. My arms on the table and head down warmed up a bit more from the climate control in the building and the heat that was displaced from the kitchen. Blaire not saying anything, while she rested her elbow on the table and her palm on her chin to prop her head up.

"Alright, the LT is MIA. The Captain said to just put you up. We're taking your armor; we haven't seen a suit of T-45 made like yours yet. If you don't mind, explain where you got that armor." He stated with demanded.

I looked over at Blaire and grumbled. She looked at me without a word. I sat up and yawned. The soldier seemed to get ticked off by that, "Answer me you little shit, or I can change your sleeping arrangement from under a roof to under the sky."

I looked at him kind of concerned-like. "Did you get my satchel? I need it to show proof." I said in response.

"I'll be back then." He concluded before turning around and walking away.

I continued to sit there, my butt getting a bit swore from sitting around for so long and my eye lids getting heavy. Before I could relax enough and fall asleep, a man came up beside me without noticing and patted on my back.

"Hey, you awake?" He said in a deep voice.

"Yea, I'm OK!" I say shooting up strait in my seat, kind of embarrassed that I almost fell asleep. Looking over it was a man in Combat armor with two silver bars on the chest plate of his armor, a Captain. He was a fine-built black man with a bald head and a smooth deep voice.

He looks me up and down. "Uh, you are the person in question that was piloting that new suit of armor? You needed this?" He questioned before holding my satchel out.

My eyes widen in surprise, also catching 2 other men, armed, in combat armor guarding the officer. "Yes, it is. May I have it please?" I asked in my normal speaking voice.

He handed me my bag and I opened it up. They didn't remove my jerky I was saving or my water bottle. The backup ammo was obviously removed; I pulled my Warrant Officer patch off my satchel's velcro spot and show it to the Captain.

I look up at the Captain and say to him, "I am a Warrant Officer from the Southern Idaho National Guard, I've been tasked with mapping a better path from there to here with my small squad." Using the info I put together. "As we know, we're having supply and enforcement issues." I half-lie to the Captain.

"If that's true, what's with the Pipboy 2000 you had on that armor showing that you came from USA territory to begin with?" He interrogating.

I looked at him, trying to play it off calmly. "I went too far South West, accidently hit a USA airbase. I fell on the Pipboy, I had to reset it to get the GPS to route correctly."

He looks a bit ticked. "Yea, well, I don't believe you. That armor is also another example. We don't have such armor."

"Its a new unit, the T-45L is designed to be better mass produced, a bit lighter due to a different metallurgy method, its slightly weaker but still able to provide full protection and uses some new techniques in the frame for cooling, power, and the such. We have a power armor deficiency; this method will allow us to save 1/5th the materials of a suit of power armor to make more. All the good suits are going to the army, and these cheap suits are being swapped to the National Guard for our stronger armor" I say, trying to worm my way through

The Captain... accepts it. "Alright, Warrant Officer, some mechanics would like to see you in the maintenance room, we better stop them before they rip the damn thing apart. ... Someone uncuff her then escort her to the Engineer MEB." He walks away saying.