30

TW: panic attack (I'm sorry these will occur less later on)

This morning was hell. I had to wake up at 5:00am even though I fell asleep 2 hours ago. Then I kept fumbling with everything even though I packed yesterday. I also kept second guessing everything and trying to make sure I was prepared. As soon as I was 100% sure that I got my stuff ready I called an Uber and was on my way to the airport.

It didn't take me long when I got there to get everything checked in. I picked up the carrier with the dog and my bag then walked up to the desk. The lady kindly took my ticket and I walked onto the plane. I wish though that I could have fallen asleep as soon as I got on the plane, but that wasn't what happened.

I spent the next couple of hours sitting awake anxious of what was going to happen. I also kept looking down at my dog to make sure that he was alright as well. Then I hear a ding over the loud speaker and the lady announces that it is time to land. I hoist my dog into my lap and get ready to exit the plane.

Once I was off the plane I had all my things in my hand and I was looking for my grandparents. The Florida heat was killing me at this point and I just wanted to sleep. I finally spotted them after what felt like forever and I walk over to them ready to drop everything upon arrival.

There are somber smiles on their faces as they hug me and grab my things. We made our way to their SUV and loaded it up. As soon as everything was packed into their car it was a long quiet ride to their house. I had no energy to speak and especially not about my mom.

As we got to their house and unloaded everything also getting the dog around I flopped on the bed I was assigned. It felt so weird being at my grandparents house. I hadn't been here in forever and the last time I was here was when I was 5 on a trip to Disney.

While I was laying there I got a ding on my phone from both Tom and Clay. I checked Toms first. It was him basically saying "good morning I love you! Do you want to play Minecraft later today?". I smiled at my phone and then realized that I wasn't going to be playing Minecraft with everyone or do anything at all until I had everything at my grandparents. I sigh and send back " Good afternoon to you! I love you as well. As for Minecraft um actually I won't be playing that for a while. I'll explain everything soon it just needs to be completely sorted first." After I sent that message I clicked on Clays. He sent "How are you feeling today Y/n? Did you get any sleep." I lightly laugh. I sent back "yeeeeeeh totally...". I could tell he had rolled his eyes from the other side of the phone.

I set my phone down on the night table next to the bed and decided that I wanted to finally get a good sleep. As I closed my eyes it was immediate rest and it was what I needed. I was relieved to finally have a break in the chaos then I was shaken a little. I groaned a bit, but was shaken again. I opened my eyes and it was my grandmother.

"It's time for dinner sweetheart."

I nodded my head and got up slowly. We made our way to the dining room and I sat down at the table. I didn't really know what to do with myself because it wasn't my house. I sat there patently and once the food was placed in front of me I ate it all with a smile on my face.

When I was full I made my way back to my room ready to make up the rest of the sleep that I had missed out on. I fell right back asleep  as soon as my head hit the pillow. I almost felt a little bad that I wasn't talking a lot and sleeping every second I could, but if you seen what's I was like yesterday you wouldn't blame me. 

***

After a 3 hour nap it was around 11pm. I guess I had really messed up my sleep schedule. As I woke up I was a bit panicky. It wasn't anything too bad until I started thinking about my mom. I didn't want to let this feeling get worse so I tired to go back to sleep.