29

TW: Death, panic attack

Time had passed since the time Tom and I fell asleep on call together. Things had moved on nicely, and nothing like what had happened before happened again. I woke up this morning and felt really off though for some reason. I couldn't focus and when I got up from my couch I was dizzy. I didn't think anything of it and I went to the kitchen to get food.

As soon as I stepped into the kitchen I felt dizzy and soon my vision went dark and I  passed out on the floor. I don't know how long I had been there, but since no one was home as my mom was at work I was left on the floor the majority of the day. Once I had woken up I had a splitting headache. I sat on my knees and looked around for my phone. I had found it not too far from where I fell and there were multiple missed calls and messages from everyone and anyone I knew.

I waited a while to let myself get my bearings and the next person to call me was Clay. I picked up the phone and answered the call. He sounded almost frantic and I swear that I could hear a sniffle.

"Y/N ARE YOU OKAY?! WHATS GOING ON YOU WEREN'T ANSWERING ANYONE."

I rubbed my head a bit and moved from the kitchen floor back to the couch.

"I'm sorry Clay... I um... I ... I woke up this morning and got dizzy... so I thought to go get water and I passed out on the kitchen floor..."

There was a loud gasp and more panic from him.

"Y/n?! Are you okay?! Did you hit your head? Do you know why you passed out?!"

I groaned a bit as the dizziness came back.

"I'm getting dizzy again Clay give me a moment.."

He stayed silent waiting for my response. After a couple of seconds I was okay.

"I'm alright now. Um I think I'm going to try and take a nap. I'm sorry..."

Clay sounded scared.

"Please be safe Y/n. I'll get ahold of everyone for you and I'll tell Tom so he can get ahold of your family."

I smiled a bit. Clay was such a good brother even if he wasn't my real brother.

"Thank you Clay. It means a lot I love you!"

He laughed a little.

"Love you too little sis now please get sleep."

With that I closed out of my phone and laid down falling asleep immediately.

***

The next thing I know I'm waking up to my phone ringing obnoxiously in my ear. I lift up my head and go to answer it. I wasn't even going to bother worrying about who it was at this point.

"Hello?"

There was a soft unfamiliar voice on the other side of the phone.

"Hello is this Y/n L/n?"

Confusion paints my face.

"Um yes who is speaking?"

The sweet voice continues.

"Hi I'm calling to inform you about an incident that has happened this morning involving your mother."

Now I was scared.

"Is everything alright?!"

There's a small sigh.

"I'm sorry to inform you but there was a car crash and your mother has been pronounced dead... I'm very sorry darling..."