XVI

(I'm just gonna warn you all that this chapter has mentions of Yandere High School's lore)

[]

The light had died years ago. He didn't know how many centuries he had been stuck in a void of just nothing. No noises could be heard, it was dead-silent. Sometimes he saw an unfamiliar figure pass by him without even looking into his direction.

He knew he was weird. He wasn't like the others. He was too young, too naïve, just a teenager after all. This wasn't the first time he had died.

During a shootout years ago, he had taken a deadly hit from one of the bullets, but someone who had loved him had saved him. No one could ever see, but the boy was just a soul possessing a dead corpse. It had been only a matter of time when his body would have started rotting away.

Sometimes when he was just laying on his bed, he had thought about his past lover. He had loved them, but he knew he had been too dangerous for them. He still remembered their purple hair and yellow eye. He didn't even know where they were now. He kinda hoped they were now in a safer relationship with someone less dangerous than him, if they even were in the same relationship.

Again another lost soul passes by. This time they looked a bit familiar. They were a girl with long long brown hair with a cyan stripe. Her eyes were blue and she was wearing a school uniform. Something about her was really familiar, but he wasn't sure what. Then she was gone.

He tried to remember who she had been, but his memory was really blurry. He only remembered a rooftop and a familiar voice screaming out the girl's name, but he couldn't hear it.

He snapped out of his thoughts and was met with another familiar, yet so unfamiliar, face. This one was a male with brown hair and blue eyes. Next to him was someone he didn't know. They were a female with blonde hair and brown eyes.

Now his vision was filled with flashing images of a place that looked like a school. He didn't hear anything, but he faintly recognized some Halloween-costume looking clothes.

Then the duo was gone and he was alone again. He looked down and noticed that his hands were bloody. It was probably the blood of the people he had killed in his past.

Then another person appeared. She had pink hair and pink eyes. She made his warning bells ring. Unlike the others, she was smiling. It made his spine shiver. Behind the person was a male who was covered in blood.

He remembered a dumpster and a gun. Then a rooftop again. He couldn't see anything else, but he knew both of the scenes involved death.

Then he was again all alone. He kept staring into the darkness, waiting for someone familiar appear again, but no one came. Suddenly he didn't even remember what he was waiting for. Suddenly he was starting to feel out of control, he was completely helpless. A teenager, who should have died years ago, but for some reason he had survived. Well, he wasn't alive anymore, but at least he had gotten a few extra years to his life.

Who was he? What was his name? Did he have one? Why did he remember so many? Which one of the names was his? Why were there so many faces? Which one was his own?

A voice whispered to his ear, "You're Taurtis!"

Taurtis. Taurtis. Taurtis. Taurtis. Taurtis.

That must be his name! He was Taurtis! He ate plastic! He ate plastic? He ate plastic... He was Taurtis... He was... Taurtis... Yeah... Taurtis...

Was he really Taurtis? Was that his name?

"Tell me your name," A familiar voice sang. The voice was warm, familiar. It made his heart speed up. He knew this person!

"Taurtis," He answered with no hesitation. But was that the actual truth? Was he lying to this person?