• Pumpkin Spice and All Things Nice • Vinny x Emperor! Garmadon

Start from the beginning

"Y-you have to take the top off the pumpkin before you do anything. That's what I'm doing..." Vinny explained.

Garmadon hummed in agreement, watching Vinny's hand skillfully slicing a neat circle out of the top. Vinny grabbed the stem and yanked it up, the seeds and innards splattering on the table. 

The two stared in awe at the pumpkin. "So what now?" Garmadon asked. 

"This is the part where it gets messy," Vinny said with a laugh. "I need you to reach in and pull all of the seeds and fleshy stuff out." 

In no time, Garmadon was up to his elbows in pumpkin guts, muttering about how ridiculous this tradition was. He held a wad of the mushy mess in one hand and asked, "Where do I put it now?"

"Just put it on the table. We can clean it up later." 

Vinny patiently waited for him to finish removing the seeds. He couldn't help but admire the fact that Garmadon was actually following his instructions. Usually, he was the leader; not the follower. 

"Now what?" 

Vinny held up a knife with a grin. "Now, we use the knives. Watch me, and I'll show you how to do it." 

Garmadon watched as Vinny carefully lined up his knife with the markings he made before making the first incision. He also noticed how Vinny was struggling to stay still as he was cutting into it. 

"Don't you think you should sit down to do that?" Garmadon lightly suggested. 

Vinny's head perked up, looking over to Garmadon. He nodded and pushed the pumpkin over to him. He sat down on Garmadon's lap, pulling the pumpkin into his lap to continue carving. 

Garmadon was about to correct him that it wasn't what he meant, but Vinny had already settled into the spot and seemed so much more comfortable. Instead, he looped two of his arms around Vinny's waist and rested his chin on his shoulder. 

"Mmm. Maybe this tradition isn't so bad..." Garmadon purred into Vinny's neck, drinking in the blush spreading across Vinny's face. 

Vinny snickered, "Heh. Y-you didn't think that was the case when we were at that haunted house thing." 

"Well, what was I supposed to do? That man was armed with a chainsaw and he was charging at you!"

"I told you it was fake." 

"How was I supposed to know that at the time? Kindly ask him about his lovely, very realistic-looking chainsaw that he almost hurt you with? Yes, that would be the sensible thing to do." 

Vinny laughed. Garmadon decided to lend two of his hands to help Vinny hold the pumpkin still. 

In no time, the jack-o-lantern was completed. A little messy, as a result of the two poking each other and attempting to mess the other up, but impressive for a first try. 

"And there! It's done, Garm!" Vinny smiled as he put the cap on it. 

Garmadon looked at it; the goofy face on it staring back at him. "It's...interesting."

"Mm-hm! I'll go put it next to our paper lanterns. You stay and watch the movie."

Vinny put the pumpkin on the balcony, staring out at the city in deep thought. He never imagined his life would be like this. 

A noise from his apartment knocked him out of his thoughts.

"Of course there's no such thing as 'The Great Pumpkin!' Stupid kid!" Garmadon shouted.

A smile returned to his face. 

He wouldn't trade this for anything in the world. 

Word Count: 1,078 Words. 

(Hello, you cool cats and kittens! I forgot just how much I love these two crazies so I whipped a little something up! 

I made a major stride the other day; I saw a horror movie in theaters! Mixed between my fear of scary stuff and my sensitivity to loud noises, I literally never thought I'd be able to do that, but here I am! The movie was Halloween Kills. It was excellent. Would not recommend it to anyone that doesn't like seeing lots of blood and senseless violence, but if you like that kind of stuff, you'll have one heck of a time! 

Thanks for reading! I hope you enjoyed the chapter! I made most of this while I was on a day trip to the mountains, so it was slightly rushed. If there are any typos/dumb stuff in the chapter, please let me know so I can fix them! 

Thanks again for reading! I hope you all have a good week! For those of you in school, keep on studying! For those of you who aren't, draw a frog! For all of you, stream the Over the Garden Wall soundtrack for good fall vibes!

- your spooky author, Abbey :}      )