"Zekaj has only ever treated me nicely, sure he can be possessive but he backs off if I ask him. And I know the age gap is, well, problematic but Zekaj put the steering wheel into my hands and only ever asked for my permission." Hunter smiled. He could feel the warmth of Zekaj in his chest as he talked. "He's been a good boy I swear."

"I'm glad to hear that," Aegon said. "He is too."

Aegon nodded towards the door and there Zekaj was leaning up against it. He had heard most of the conversation.

It wasn't hard for Zekaj to find Hunter in the castle. He could always feel Hunter's presence wherever he was in the back of his head due to the power of the bond.

But Zekaj couldn't help but feel prideful for all of Hunter's kind words. It was what every demon wanted, approval from their mate.

"I got you shoes," Zekaj winked, keeping his blush from rising.

"I'll just bring them to our room later." Zekaj said, noticing Hunter was wearing his slippers.

Entering the room, Zekaj sat in the chair next to Hunter and scooted them closer in the process. Hunter felt his hand be swooped up as Zekaj held it.

"Keep talking about me," Zekaj smiled.

"Fine," Aegon said, Hunter saw in his face as he turned more serious. He was about to end Zekaj's whole career. "You didn't care about yourself enough before Hunter. You went on dangerous summonings all of the time and threw yourself at any woman that asked."

"Hey!" Zekaj frowned. "I had standards and I only meant for you to talk about nice things!"

"Now that Hunter has entered your life, you care more than you did. You realize it's not just your life on the line, but Hunters. You care about Hunter and in turn, you care about yourself."

"See, that's better."

Aegon rolled his eyes.

"Your possessiveness makes you overprotective." Aegon was blunt.

"Hey!" Aegon continued on.

"But, with how special your mate is, it seems like it'll work out in your favor." Aegon continued.

"We don't get into trouble that much," Zekaj frowned.

"For now," Aegon laughed. "Who knows how difficult your lives are gonna be after all of this. I for one believe this is only the calm before the storm."

"Ugh haven't we been through enough though," Zekaj flopped to the back of his chair. "I just wanna chill all day and have sex."

Aegon just rolled his eyes and looked at Hunter, "Luckily you're here now so you get to deal with him and not Zekai and I."

Hunter smiled as Zekaj leaned over and rested his head on Hunter's shoulder.

"I'm a pleasure to be around all of the time. So you're welcome for the years of entertainment."

"What about the years of stress you have caused me and your mother?" Aegon raised a brow.

"Oops," Zekaj cheekily smiled, shrugging his shoulders. "And hey! Mom told me what you were like before you two met."

"I have no idea what you are talking about," Aegon smiled. Hunter could see where Zekaj got his cheeky self from. Aegon was more serious now but his younger self was definitely still there.

Zekaj rolled his eyes, kicking his feet up on his father's desk. Who in turn, rolled his eyes as well.

"Now I got this guy to keep me in check," Zekaj said, poking Hunter's cheek.