Chapter 19 : Waiting for the Groom

HISOKA'S POV:

                                    My sister and I never truly separated. Maybe away from each other for about a few hours but that's it. This is totally the first time that we've been separated for a month. 

                       Anyways, us going on separate ways was very fruitful for the both of us. I have been doing some things with the phantom troupe and Heaven's Arena, and for me, so far so good. Cheshire however, had her success in a different manner, she is now officially engaged to Illumi. I can't believe that she's going to have a family now; maybe even a child... eww~.

             I am now in front of the Zoldyck's testing gate. Zebro couldn't recognize me even through I've been here for a few times already; probably the effect of aging. He kept on telling me not to try and get outside. He was so scared when I opened all of the gates. I got inside and Canary just let me in, normally she tries to interfere with me; but now, she even welcomes me. Perks of being soon to be brother-in-law, hmm, probably? 

                I soon saw her shadow in the nearby tree. I approached her making my presence known to her. She looks so vibrant and glowing right now. I can see that she's so happy with her conditions. This is the biggest thing that she wanted so far, amazing how she's so good at getting what she wants. Now I believe that at some aspects, the saying that goes "Siblings are alike" are kind of true.

                She greeted me and led me inside, and then, I met the Zoldyck family again. I must say that their first impression of me is not that clean. They know that I am very deceptive. I think that the only thing that they are approve of me is that I am very skilled and I don't shy away from killing people. In fact, if we are going to have a body count of the people we've killed, I will rob ably win. Why? I mean, they only kill a very short amount of people per mission, a lot of times just a single person. I, however, is exasperated to kill millions in one go; It's actually my hobby. Yeah, killing hoards of people are hobbies now.

           The butler, Gotoh, led us in a receiving area. I am guessing Cheshire had to fight him on her first appearance here, how fun would that go? He left us alone and reminded my sister that if ever she needs something; all she needs to do is call for him. 

          We have a lot to catch up with each other. As soon as the heavy, wooden doors closed; Cheshire stopped the time around us. It's by far the most amazing ability that I have ever seen. If she's not my sister and I don't care for her, I would've made her my fruit, lover, or a corpse. The whole surrounding stopped; only our little space continued. I understand her plans on doing this. The Zoldycks must be confused and suspicious of her true abilities, probably trying to listen to her every move. This is the only thing that we could do to talk comfortably about everything.

            She told me everything happened. How she froze the butlers, how she poisoned the annoying lady and ruined it's face, how she got extra training from the old man, and how she killed the other annoying wastes of time before the actual test. And last but not the least, how she won the competition. I must say that she handled it too fast and quite boring for me. If I was her, I would've played with my opponent and made them suffer. Anyways, what she did is very fun too, she got to use her ability so much this time. She rarely uses it, in fact, her freezing ability is what known to other people. 

----

CHESHIRE'S POV:

            "And now, all we need to do is wait for my son" Kikyo stated in an overly excited manner. Silva just nodded and Zeno smiled at me. They informed me that Illumi should get her in two to three day span. The moment he gets here, the wedding will start immediately. Everything is planned for the wedding. Actually, it's not your normal wedding at all; no fancy white gown, overly decorated place, wedding music, and guests. The Zoldyck family members and my brother are the only ones attending and the marriage starts with paper signing and also end with it. It will probably take about less than 30 minutes to start and end. 

          Though, there's this other mansion slightly smaller than the main mansion. Since, Illumi is the first child, the mansion was given to him when he turned eighteen as a token of being faithful to the family. Another reason is that he is not the heir of the Zoldyck family, to compensate this as to not being the heir but the first child. They now prepared the mansion for us. Gotoh is the only butler that is allowed to clean and check the place, no other person are allowed, even the Zoldyck children. I now stay in this mansion alone, Illumi really needs to come home fast, he has a surprise waiting for him at home ~.

We will finally be together.

---

ILLUMI'S POV:                          (a day later after Hisoka visited)

            I am now in front of the testing gate. My mind is debating whether to step forward or back out.  If I step forward, there is no coming back. I will be married to a person I have never cared or even glanced in my lifetime. If I turn back now and rebel to my parents, there will be a great fight and punishment; but, I will be able to leave and find my true self. Maybe even meet Cheshire on the way, we can clear things up between us.

         Zebro is looking at me quite confused. I know that everyone is expecting me to hurry to get inside. Everyone is waiting for me for my own wedding. I need to silence Zebro before he calls Gotoh that I am here. I walked at his security booth and attacked his pressure points making him pass out. I took his seemingly lifeless body in my arms. I left the place as fast as possible. 

        This is it, my second rebellion towards my parents. I remember the first one, when I stayed with the Morow siblings. Now, I am doing this for myself and Cheshire. 

There is still a chance for us.

We might still create  a future together.

---

A/N

I apologize if there is any mistake in the grammar or misspelled words.

 Please help me reach 500 votes on this fanfiction. That would really be great.

For those who reads this, thank you so much for the support.

-mai