Chapter 6 : Needles (part 1)

QUICK NOTE:
THIS PART OF THE STORY TAKES PLACE IN THE 287nth HUNTER EXAM. SO I AM MAKING IT LOOK LIKE HISOKA AND CHESHIRE TOOK THE EXAM A COUNTLESS OF TIMES BEFORE BUT FAILED BECAUSE THEY KILLED APPLICANTS AND EXAMINERS. AS YOU CAN SEE IT IS A HUGE TIMESKIP.

AGE: HISOKA AND CHESHIRE: 28
ILLUMI: 26
-----------------------------------

HISOKA'S POV:

             Hmm...I remember our old times. Hearing something for the first time about the hunter's exam, we immediately took it for our own thrill. Now the annual exam is approaching us again. Cheshire and I are actually expected to pass the exam because of our strength but failed because we almost killed an examiner back then. So again, we are preparing for the exam.

         I have a lot of memories from different exams yearly. I always encounter someone with a lot of potential, though, they don't last long. They don't even last before I test test them. They all die whenever I give them a heavy challenge. I do hope I find someone promising and last longer than the others. 

ILLUMI'S POV:

        It has been 15 years now since that incident. I can barely remember Cheshire's face; but, I am sure that I can still remember our fun days together and of course my first kiss. It is funny how I still don't kiss any girl after that heavenly blue day. They are my only friends. I guess I am just too afraid to tell Hisoka that he is my friend, we are raised this way, what would you expect? "No friends...just an ally will do",  I even raised my siblings this way, just to prove it to them. Now I have to act emotionless and stoic as ever so my family would not get suspicious. This make-believe game of façade is slowly killing me.

             "Illumi!!". Someone called to me that cleared my thoughts. "Mom, Dad" was my only response. "Illumi, bring Killua back here with us" my mom cried. "Hmm...okay". "Also, you are already in the right age, now try to find someone suitable to be your wife...that is a command" my father added...I just nodded. I am so surprised and heart broken at the same time because deep down I know that I still love Cheshire, although I forgot her face already. If I cant find someone this instant, my parents will surely make a marriage agreement for sure.

After tracking my needle in Killua's head, I found his location. He is currently on the way to the location of the 287th hunter exam. I must prepare now so I wont be late. The earlier I get there, the faster I get to examine and observe everyone so that I can pass without a move of a finger. 

I'm currently on the airship. This is why I hate vehicles, some disturbance or turbulence always waits to occur. Too bad that I need to ride one to get there. If only I can go on foot, that would be better and comfortable with me.

NARRATOR'S POV:

Neither did they know that both of them are in the same transportation and soon enough be in the swirl of fate again.

---

A/N

EDITED

I re-viewed this and did some corrections here and there. Though, if you somehow come across a mistake in grammar and/or misspelled words. I apologize. votes, comments and a follow would really help. Thank you for reading this!

Have a nice reading experience

-mai