🔴 편하고 달콤한 집

Chapter 1:
편하고 달콤한 집 (Sweet home)

Patches of white, feathery clouds were floating aimlessly amidst the deep blue sky

Patches of white, feathery clouds were floating aimlessly amidst the deep blue sky. A jubilant flock of birds chirped happily making my ears fill with melody. The spring bloomed to its fullest after the chilly winter months. The cascading beauty of cherry blossoms attracted many couples. Young boys held the hands of their girlfriends with compassionate love. The pedestrians seemed busy but they had smiles on their lips.

The signal finally turned red and I resumed my walk toward my new house. I permanently got shifted to the city of Daegu today. I am a literature major and currently am doing an internship at a publishing company.

After walking for five more minutes, I finally reached my new residence. The landlord, a man in his 40s, welcomed with a bright smile.

"Aneong hasseo, Ko Min Chae, imnida." (Hello, I am Ko Minchae.) "Here is your remaining payment. Thank you for letting me stay here." I bowed in respect.

He took the envelope and patted my back. "Get yourself well suited here. Hope you have a great day." A relieved smile was plastered on his lips. "I should get going then." With those final words, he walked away.

I took a look at my house. It was small but cozy, enough for a single person to comfortably stay. A single-storied building which was built some feet higher than the ground. It had a sloping roof and was surrounded by some inches of the yard. It also consisted of a small garage which I would preferably be making the storeroom for the time being. All over, the house was better than I had expected at such a cheap price.

Honestly speaking I am not rich nor do I have my parental support. Moreover, I need to take care of my old grandma who lives in Gwanju. She brought me up when my careless parents decided to settle in abroad. Now it was my time to take care of her. This house was the best I could have afforded with my minimal salary.

I stepped into my little home and took a look around it. Last week, I moved in my necessary items. The entrance opened to dining where a small tea table was laid in front of a sofa. A tv was adjusted opposite to it. The sliding door on its right made its way to the small balcony. I could plant bonsais in the future. To my extreme right was the modulated kitchen. If you look straight from the entrance door you will see a small corridor. Two rooms roughly of the same size on either side of it. It was more like a twin room. Everything was the same including a wardrobe, a dressing table, an attached bathroom and a single bed. I really had a tough time choosing my room. Finally went with the eastern one since I love to see sunrises.

I took some days off from my office due to the moving purposes. Hence have nothing much to do at present. I decided to take a hot shower and change into something comfortable. I stripped down my clothes and stepped into the bathtub. Again, such luxuries at a cheap price.

I laid comfortably in the lukewarm water and relaxed my mind. Suddenly something felt ticklish under my feet. I drowned my face in the water and saw nothing. Shrugging off the discomfort I closed my eyes once again.

There was pin-drop silence. The sound of a bike zooming past my house was heard. The shrill sound of dripping water reached my ears. I felt that ticklish instinct again and heard the sound of water bubbles accompanied by it. I flew my eyes open and saw there was an effervescence just above my feet. What was happening? I drowned my face again and met with the same view as before. The tap was closed and the valve was also locked then what was making the bubbles appear.

I decided to get off from the tub because my stomach was rumbling. I walked out of the bathroom once all the water had drained, not forgetting to close the door behind.

The door creaks open and the tap is suddenly turned on.

I was starving since morning. I slipped into some comfy PJs and made myself a cheese sandwich. For a moment I thought I had heard the sound of water running out of the tap. But that's not possible since I had checked the bathroom a few minutes ago. The dinging of the microwave oven brought me back into reality.

I took out the piece of bread and seated myself on the couch. I was surfing through Instagram when I received a call. 'HYUNIE 💞' flashed up on the screen. An involuntary smile crept up on my lips at the thought of my boyfriend. Kim Soohyun.

"Hello, Jagi?"

"Hmm, Hello? Minnie? Did you reach there safely?"

"yes."

"Good. Did you befriend any neighbors? Is there a guy? Did you check for any installed CCTV cameras in the bedroom?-"

"Geez! Hyunie!" I cut him off, "I just arrived a few hours ago. I don't know who lives here. Tomorrow maybe I'll check out. I checked the house thoroughly and everything is absolutely fine here. I am an adult, I can take care of myself. -_-" I rapped.

I heard a sigh from the other side. "You can blame my boyfriend instincts now. I should have been there with you right now. But I am sorry, I can't leave the shoot."

My boyfriend is an actor. Yes, the famous Kim Soohyun from Its okay to not be Okay. We grew up in the same neighbourhood. He had eventually asked me out when we were in college. It has been 3 years since then. He lives in Seoul for the job and it's been a bit difficult for us to give time to ourselves. But we are coping up. Hope I get a job in Seoul soon.

"I am fine, really. You need not worry about me so much, Hyunnie. Eat healthily and take care of yourself. Meanwhile, let me plan for our next date." I chirped. I did miss him but I don't wanna kill the mood right now.

I heard a giggle from the other side. I really love his voice. "Okay okay! I will be vising you next week-"

"Really??!!"

"Yes my stupid Jagiya. Now I have to go, bye."

"Bye bye, I love you."

"Don't talk with the neighbor if he is a guy. Love you too."

I chuckled at his words once our couple picture flashed on my screen indicating the call has ended. I wonder if he is really four years older than me. For the next few minutes, I had my food peacefully while watching My Love from the Stars. Not my boyfriend kissing that old woman on the TV. 🤢

(A/n: No offence to actress Jun Jihyun.😇)

Thrash!!

The sudden sound of utensils scared the living daylight out of me. The next thing I saw was a shadow walking out of the kitchen.

 The next thing I saw was a shadow walking out of the kitchen

The first chapter is out now!!!
Give me feedbacks plz. 🥺