Chapter 100 Hospitality.

Sam followed me out of the cell; and he made a loud constant sh, sh, sound with every step he took. I understood that given his form, he would make these sounds with every movement, but it was getting annoying. 

'Sam, if you don't mind, I would like to stick you in a vac suit.'

'Why? Are the sounds of my movement irritating you?' So the bastard knew and was probably doing it on purpose. And being the mature adult I was, I couldn't let him win. 

'Actually, it is because you are mildly radioactive.' And the fact that you are making the sounds on purpose, asshole.

'No, I would not mind. If it makes you more comfortable.' 

I called up Alice, 'Alice?'

'Yes, Captain.'

'Prepare a "unibody" Vac-suit for our guest, please.'

'Understood. One will be ready for him in forty-five minutes and thirty-two seconds.' 

'Thank you, also prepare accommodation for our guest.' That doesn't have directed charges in the walls, floor or ceiling. 

'Understood, Captain, I will have a room prepared for him.'

We sh, sh'ed up to the observation deck, and I handed Sam off to the XO.

The Major assigned two "Honour guards", aka marines armed to the teeth, to escort our guest.

On my way back to the office, I did a thorough analysis of Alice's demands. What she requested was an excellent plan, however, I felt we could utilise our guest better.

I called her and requested her presence on the transport. She appeared.

'Alice, I've been reviewing your negotiations. Your plans are excellent, but I think we can refine it a bit more.'

'What do you think we should change?'

'You designed your request around the Velox being the first ship back to the inner solar system. However, I believe there are space force units significantly closer that Sam can reach in a day or two and move them into location sooner.'

'I understand. I will adjust my plans accordingly.' 

'Alice, I think we should attempt to communicate with all SF units and outposts that we can see. It's time we get launched.' 

'Understood, Captain. Is there anything else?'

'Yes, what do you think of Sam?'

'I think he tries too hard.' Oh, dear, Alice has his number already.