Chapter 75 Lunch plans and trouble brewing.

I stepped out of Major Huruuse's office in a better mood than when I entered. It was nice to execute some positive work for a change. I headed out of the Spec marines training grounds on my legs this time. 

I got a call from Seki. 'What's up, XO?'

'Nothing, I just wanted to check on how you were doing.'  

'The Major and I have designed an operational plan for the rapid deployment of marine heavy weapons teams. Also, personal defence weapons and training in their use will begin shortly for all crew. I'll send you the plan for critique.' I sent her the file. 

'Understood. I've received the file. You've done plenty today.' I felt like Seki was buttering me up.

'What's the bad news, XO?' 

'What makes you think there is bad news?' 

'Is there any?' 

'Well, SG's telescope array's completion will be delayed by forty-eight hours.' 

'Their estimate was overly ambitious, to begin with,' I said, happy that it was not something worse. 'Is there anything else?'

'Nope, nothing else.' 

'Good. Thank you for the call, XO, keep me informed?'

'Of course, Captain.' 

'XO, what are you doing for lunch?' 

'I had nothing planned,' she said and arched an eyebrow

'Okay, can you join me in my office?' 

'Sure, sounds like a plan. I will be there in an hour and forty-five minutes.'

'Fantastic, see you then,' I said, and disconnected.

My stomach growled, and I wondered if I would last another hour and forty-five minutes. I've eaten nothing since my meeting with Su and Seki, but I was well hydrated; the major made sure of that. So hydrated, I needed a pee break, so I diverted to the nearest loo. 

A while later, I exited the bathroom and headed to the transport hub. I was thankful that Alice had redesigned the Vac-suits to a two-piece instead of the original unibody model. It made bathroom breaks a breeze compared to before. 

En route to the hub, I requested a pod to transport me to the bridge, which saved me precious time. After that, I texted Seki to ask what she wanted for lunch. She messaged me back, -Anything you decide is fine with me-. I ordered a number three meal for us both, and I noted the menu selections went from twenty-five to twelve items.

I sighed. Limited selections are how it needs to be now.