Chapter 76 Return to Bob's world.

I made a casserole with my dark thoughts when I realised I had not asked Bob to download his discovery into a folder.

 Dang, It. 

I had not created a two-way communication system between Bob and me. Right now he just showed up whenever, and that was no longer acceptable. 

You dumb...

I wrapped my head around the issue and came up with nothing I could perform myself. With the network compromised, I could not ask Alice or anybody else for help either.

Crap. 

I slammed my fists into my thighs. It hurt, but it was not enough. I was about to bang my head into the glass behind me, but my voice of reason spoke first.

You idiot, what would that solve? Figure something out instead. 

It felt odd to have a counter voice in my head that I knew was my own.

I studied the problem and came up with one realistic solution. I had to visit Bob's world again. Given I nearly died the last time, I was hesitant. 

I gathered all my courage and readied for the attempt. I started a countdown timer on my arm pad for thirty seconds. 

With the timer set, I pumped myself up. You got this. It will be a quick in and out. 

Despite what Bob said about the changes that happened since they replaced my controller, I prepared for any eldritch horror that awaited, just in case. I started the timer and flew at the doorway that lead to Bob's world.

Geroni... I screamed as I leapt through the veil.  

... mooo. My voice trailed as I landed on the other side. I rolled as I landed and came up, ready to bolt for it. That was unnecessary as I went straight from the inky void inside my head to Bob's sunlit world. The grey security space no longer existed, as he had said.

He had definitely changed the place. The river was still there, but he replaced the pink hued canyon wall on the far side with a beautiful flower filled meadow. 

Bob has a sense of taste. 

The air was warm, and a gentle breeze wafted from the meadow beyond. The cool current of air brought with it the fragrance of lilacs and lilies. A bee buzzed past my head, and I heard a bird call in the distance. Mesmerised, I lost track of time. 

Then I caught myself and sprinted toward Bob's home. I dashed up the four flights of spiral staircase and was breathless when I reached the top. I didn't stop to catch my breath. Instead, I rushed to the end of the corridor and pounded on the ornate door. Bob yanked open the door. 

'What the hell is wrong with you?'