→ Chapter Sixteen ←

"Fuck, that's cute."

"Don't fucking swear!"

"Are they dating yet?"

"I don't think so..."

"It sure damn looks like it."

A hushed whispering entered Holly's subconscious. She let out a groan shoving her face into the warm pillow in an attempt to drown out the noise. As she moved, the whispering halted the sound of people inhaling sharply instead filling her ears

"Is she awake?" Someone muttered not-so-quietly.

"Michael, shut up!" The voice she recognised as Luke's spoke back. The statement was ironic as his voice ended up being louder than Michael's originally was. Holly let out a miserable groan, wishing that she was asleep again.

Pushing her face further into her pillow, she presses the side of her face against it harder. The rising and falling of her pillow rhythmically making her more and more tired. Holly frowned, keeping her eyes closed.

When she came to the realisation that her pillow was indeed Ashton 's chest, her eyes almost sprung open in surprise. Holly swore she went to bed on the couch... Oh no, she went into Ashton 's room to see if Ashton was still awake. She never meant to fall asleep there! She only meant to talk to Ashton until she was tired enough to collapse on the couch.

She must have fallen asleep while talking to Ashton, and he mustn't have been bothered to move her. As she thought that, a insignificant movement underneath her head made her snap back to reality. Ashton 's chest rose higher and a small groan echoed through her ear.

"Nice one, Luke! You woke him up! He's gonna be so pissed at you!" Calum hissed. The sound of scurrying feet could be heard, and second later the room was back in silence. Ashton lets out another groan that cuts out quickly. His body stills and Holly can tell he just came to the realisation that Holly was practically laying on top of him.

Ashton moves his hand up to Holly's back, softly tracing small patterns on it. The singlet she decided to wear to be last night showing off a large portion of her back.

Brushing some of her hair off the back of her shoulders, Ashton lets out a small gasp. He had finally come across her tattoo. Holly almost smiled at the fact he was so surprised by it. He traced around it, his fingers forming the patterns of the words that were inked permanently into her skin.

"Carpe Diem" He whispered, speaking the words aloud. His fingers brushed the tattoo again and Holly couldn't help but let a small giggle out, his fingers beginning to feel ticklish in her surfacing consciousness. His fingers pause for another moment until they restarted.

"Good morning, Tea." He mumbled, pressing his face down into the top of her hair. Holly could have melted she was so comfortable in that moment. She finally took notice of how they were laying; legs tangled together loosely, his arm wrapped comfortably around her waist, her head on his chest and her hands resting gently on top of his chest.

"Mornin' Dimples." Holly yawned, finally opening her eyes. She tilted her head up to see his face, and she was taken aback by how he looked. Hot was the only way to describe it. His hair stuck up unsettled, his eyes droopy and heavily-lidded in sleepiness and his lips soft and supple.

Holly began wondering what it would be like to wake up to this every morning. And she didn't feel completely opposed to the thought...

Ashton 's face suddenly went slack before grinning wider than before. "Holy shit, it's Christmas!!"

Holly let out a low chuckle and nodded her head, sarcastically voicing, "Well yeah, that's what come after Christmas Eve, Dimples."

"No need for the sass, Tea, it's Christmas!" Ashton chastises, bopping her nose. She rolled her eyes, and despite her overwhelming need to stay warm, she sat up from Ashton 's chest. Ashton frowned, clearly not happy at the fact that she moved.

"Come on, Dimples, don't be sad. It's Christmas!" She mimicked, laughing quietly.

"I thought you hated Christmas." Ashton 's muffled voice coming through the pillow he had shoved over his own face. Holly just shook her head at the boy's bipolar mood changes.

"I do." She defended, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Mhm, sure you do."

"Oh, come on Dimples, let's go get some breakfast." Holly said, pulling the pillow gently away from his face. He looked up at her, blinking groggily. She let out another small giggle.

"What about presents?" God, he has a mental span of a four year old, Holly thinks. She rolls her eyes and grabs his hand, pulling him upright.

"Food first, presents second. Come on, I'm starving."

→←