→ Chapter Two ←

"Whoop-die, fucking doo, your names Ashton, congratulations, you know your name. Don't you have someone else to annoy?" She grumbles. Ashton lets out a small laugh. Damn, she thought, the dimples show when he laughs. I hate those fucking dimples.

"Nah, my schedule is all cleared for today," Ashton says, tugging his fingers through his light brown curls. She rolls her eyes, not at all impressed with his joke.

"I don't think I caught your name." He adds on. The girl stares at him, raising an eyebrow questioningly.

"I didn't tell you it."

"Ah, right. So what is it?"

"None of your business." She snaps, putting an earbud back in. She had been talking to this Ashton dude for thirty seconds and she was already sick of his happy attitude. He reeked of positivity, happiness and everything else that she despised.

"Oh, come on, don't be like that! Don't be such a Debbie-downer!"

"Why don't you just get lost?" She says brusquely.

"Why are you so pissy? It's Christmas!" He says cheerfully, not affected by her tone at all.

"I hate Christmas."

Ashton lets out a gasp and sat back in the chair that he clearly had no intentions of leaving from. "You can't possibly hate Christmas! I mean, it's Christmas!"

"I mustn't have gotten the memo then."

Ashton must have seen that this conversation was going nowhere and changed the subject. "So, what is your name?"

"I told you, it's none of your business." She says, pressing play on her music. The familiar drum pattern starts up again, but Ashton 's voice can still be heard in one ear.

"Come on, just tell me!"

"If I tell you, will you go away?" She asks, rubbing her temples. This guy was giving her a fucking migraine, and it was only ten in the morning.

"Probably not, but tell me anyway." Ashton chortles.

"No." She snaps.

Ashton pouts, and she can't help but appreciate the looks of his lips. Shaking her head she rids her mind of her strange thoughts. "Fine, then."

Ashton crosses his arms over his chest and turns his head the other way. Silence falls and she sips her tea like he isn't there at all. The waitress brings over his drink and she frowns, noticing that he had a coffee.

Noticing that she was scowling at his drink, Ashton brings it to his lips with a smile and takes a large gulp of it. She tries not to smirk at the way he was clearly trying to ignore the burn it would have left his mouth. Eventually, he breaks the silence, asking her what she was drinking.

"Tea."

"But you're in a cafe." He says, tilting his head. The action reminded her of one of a confused puppy.

"So?" She snaps.

"Aren't cafes meant for coffee?"

"I don't like coffee." She answers stiffly, wrapping her fingers tightly around her cup.

"I love coffee," Ashton says with a grin.

"Of course, you do," She mutters, trying to ignore the fact that Ashton currently had a massive milk moustache on his top lip. What a fucking dork.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Nothing. Don't worry." She dismisses. Ashton nods his head, and silence falls again, though this time, the awkward tension was tangible.

"Holly." She blurts out unthinkingly.

"What?" Ashton says, looking up from his cup of coffee, confusion written all over his face.

"My name. My name is Holly."

→ ←