Chapter 6 - Much Better (Past)

Louis let finally the tears fall freely down his face. The bitter memories that he was reliving while telling Zayn his story were hurting him again. He thought that he had been through a lot, but seeing the scars on Zayn’s wrists made him think about how much worse someone’s live could be. He wanted to kill himself because he couldn’t stand the loneliness and didn’t have enough money for some stupid addiction, while the other boy had to go through a lot more everyday.

He heard steps approaching him. He was sitting on the stairs at the entrance of the house, looking up at the starry sky, while a slight breeze caressed his body when he saw someone run past him.

He watched Zayn’s slim body run away, and Louis instinctively stood up running after him. He could hear Zayn sniffle and sob as he ran in front of him, and that made him quicken his pace, but still he couldn’t catch up. Louis watched Zayn’s back as he ran, the tight black t-shirt almost invisible in the dark night.

Zayn hadn’t noticed Louis behind him, so when he ran a considerable distance from the  house, he slowed down, until he finally stopped. He noticed that he forgot the backpack, but he didn’t want to return. He panted looking around, thinking about going to the park again when he felt a hand on his shoulder.

Terrified, he turned around only to be met with Louis’ face. Zayn narrowed his eyes, cautiously taking a step back. He watched the older boy’s face taking in his features again. His eyes held sympathy, but no pity and that’s what Zayn needed. Someone to understand him, not feel bad for him.

“Why did you run away?” Louis asked in a gentle voice as he took a step forward again while looking in Zayn’s eyes.  Zayn opened his mouth to talk, but no words came out so he closed his mouth and shrugged. “Zayn… look at me!” Louis demanded when Zayn looked away trying to find an excuse to leave.

Zayn hesitated a bit before setting his gaze on the blue eyed boy again, while biting his bottom lip. Louis gave Zayn a stern look, to make him talk, and that’s when Zayn shook his head and turned around, wanting to leave.

Harry and Liam had ran after Zayn too, but they were left behind seeing as they had taken a while to realize that Zayn was running of. They saw Louis running after Zayn, but still they didn’t stop.

When they finally noticed that the boy stopped and Louis behind him, they stopped too. Liam was about to walk over to them, but Harry grabbed his arm and held him on the spot. He knew that Louis would convince Zayn to stay with them… he had faith in his boyfriend!

“ZAYN!” Louis yelled, making the dark skinned boy wince and freeze on his spot. “Come back here! There’s no way that i’m letting you return to the park! I took you to my house for some reason! I don’t care even if you used to kill people! I know that you’re hurt… i can see it in your eyes. You need support… i see that you don’t like the way you’re living, so this is my offer. I want you to move in with me, Harry and Liam. We’ll help you with everything you need, and we won’t question you about anything you don’t want to talk about… just please… come with me!”

Zayn was so surprised at Louis words that he couldn’t even move a muscle. It felt so good to know that someone understood him, and that someone cared for him even thought it could be just the tiniest bit. He hadn’t felt comfort in such a long time that it felt strange, yet so heart-warming.