Chapter three

Carmen's pov-

" Hey." A husky voice said causing me to jump. I quickly opened my eyes and looked over to see Greyson sitting next to me. " Shouldn't you be in class?" I asked as I sat up and rested my back again the tree behind me. 

" I could ask you the same thing." he quipped, " Why'd you leave?" he asked, I shrugged in response. " You don't talk much do you?" he sat up and leaned against the tree next to me. 

" I talk." I muttered as I fiddled with the hem of my sleeve. " Carmen?" he said, I looked up to face him, " Yeah?" 

" Why were you in the middle of the road that night?" he asked hesitantly as he stared at me. I sighed, not wanting to think about that night. But I feel like he deserves to know, he's done so much to help me. " I was walking home and someone jumped me." I told him, looking up to avoid his intense gaze, keeping my eyes trained on the sky. 

" And what about the bruise on your hip?" he asked, jerking his head, gesturing towards my hip. I bit the inside of my cheek, how the hell did he know about that? " I don't have a bruise on my hip." I lied. 

 He let out a sigh, " Why're you lying to me?" I looked him dead in the eyes, " I'm not." I said firmly, my tone was cold. Why does he think he can just ask me about this shit? Actually, why is he surprised I'm not telling him? He's a fucking stranger. Sure, he helped me but that doesn't mean I have to tell him about my life story.

" Love, I saw it. Are you trying to tell me that I imagined it?" he asked, sounding frustrated. Why does he keep calling me love? Jesus, this dude is fucking weird... hot but weird. 

" That's exactly what I'm telling you." I said, my tone is full of attitude. 

 I knew he didn't mean any harm and I was probably being too harsh but I can't help it. I can't tell anyone about what's going on, I'm scared Tony will kill me if I do. There's something about Greyson that makes me want to spill all of my secrets, but I know better than that. It's easier to just push him away not, to not get attached. He's a stranger and he needs to stay a stranger.

" I'm sorry, I'm not trying to pry. I just want to make sure you're okay, love." he kept his gaze focused on me as I redirected mine to the sky. 

" I'm sorry for being a bitch." I apologized quietly. He let out a laugh, " You're not being a bitch, you have a right to your privacy." he said, like he wasn't just asking intrusive questions. 

 " Carmen." I heard a voice snarl. I cringed, automatically recognizing the voice. I looked up and saw Tony glaring at Greyson and I as he stormed towards us. 

 I felt a ball of fear roll around in my stomach as he walked up to us. I snuck a glance at Grey and saw he was returning Tony's glare.

" Get up, we're going home." he demanded, roughly grabbing my arm and yanking my body up. I couldn't help but let out a small yelp of pain because of his tight grip. 

Before I could fully process what was happening Greyson shot up and punched Tony square in the face, a sickening crack resonated as Tony went stumbling back.

 Greyson took hold of my hand and quickly pulled me behind him, " Don't fucking touch her." he said in a threatening tone. " She's my fucking girlfriend, I'll touch her however and whenever I damn well feel like it!" Tony shouted angrily, getting in Grey's face.

Greyson had his jaw tightly clenched and was clenching and un-clenching his fists, like he was trying not to beat the shit out of Tony. " If you don't get out of my goddamn face I'm going to rip yours off." he snarled and I found myself taking a step away from him.

 " It's okay, I'm gonna go." I said as I put my hand on his arm, trying to take his attention off Tony before things really got out of hand. The second my hand landed on his arm his eyes moved from Tony to me. I knew he was having an internal battle on whether to let me go or not.