Chapter twenty seven

Carmen's pov- 

 Ow, ow, ow, ow, ow, why? Why? Why? Why? Why? 

 I opened my eyes but there was something wet over them. I felt something pinching my arm.

 I took my other hand and brought it up to my face. I  ripped the wash cloth off of it.

 " Love?" I looked up and noticed Grey looking down at me.

 " Uh- what the fuck happened?" I asked sitting up. 

 " After you fell in the river, I carried you back here. You were freezing and we've been trying to warm you up ever since." he explained.

 " Wait- we? Who is we?" I asked.

 " Perseus, Jack, and Levi are here. Perseus is the one who put the IV in your arm." I looked down and saw the needled that was stuck in my arm. 

 " Is he dead?" I asked, remembering what I did to Tony.

 " Yeah." he said quietly.

 " Good." I'm happy that fucker is dead. Normally I'd be more freaked out about killing somebody but it was him or me. I regret nothing. 

 " You're not... upset?" he asked hesitantly.

 " He deserved it." I said firmly.

 " I agree, I'm proud of you." he kissed the top of my head.

 " How do you feel?" he asked.

 " Um, cold."

 " I'm sorry, baby. I wish I had gotten there sooner." he moved his hands up and down on my arms in an attempt to help me warm up. 

 " It's not your fault. Neither could've known. I mean, he's been watching me since I first left and I had no idea." I shuddered at the thought. 

 I don't know how I didn't notice. 

 " Wait, what? What do you mean he's been watching?" he asked angrily.

 " He was there the entire time. When I had my fist seizure, when I took off from the hospital, when I attacked my psychiatrist. He was there for it all and I had no idea. " I told him. 

 " Jesus Christ." he muttered, " At least you don't have to worry about it anymore." he attempted to comfort me. 

 " I'm just happy he's gone." I let out a breath of relief. It was true, I felt so much more at ease. 

 I still can't believe I killed someone though. Don't get me wrong, I don't regret it or anything. It's just weird to think about. 

 I mean I could go to jail. Oh my god, I could go to fucking jail! I mean I literally fucking killed somebody. Oh, this is bad, this is soOoOooO bad. 

 " Carmen?"

 " Oh my god, I'm gonna go to jail. I killed someone, that's illegal! It's so fucking illegal! What the hell am I going to do? I can't make it in prison, Grey! They don't have chocolate chip cookies in prison or fuzzy blankets. What am I gonna do?!" I dramatically cried out. 

 " Whoa, whoa,whoa, calm down. You're not going to go to prison. One, it was self defense. Two, I took care of it, you have nothing to worry about." he turned me around to face him and kept his hands on my shoulders. 

 " What do you mean you took care of it?" I asked. 

 " Levi and Jack took care of the body. You have nothing to worry about." he assured me. I felt a wave of relief washed over me. They've done this before, they know what they're doing.