Now, came Beacon Hills, Kinsey wasn't sure how long it would last, but if she were to base it on her mother's opinion, it wouldn't be long. Kate had only spent a short winter in the town while Kinsey was 10, allowing her to stay with her uncle over Christmas break, and in turn, spending her birthday that was just before the holiday with them. Her mother nowhere to be seen when her daughter hit double digits. It had only taken that short winter there for Kate to grow to hate the town so much, it had been the one she was most desperate to get away from, sending Chris there instead, as far as she was concerned she never needed to step into Beacon Hills again.

Occasionally, Chris would join her for the larger business deals, but for the most part, he tried to stay close to home, the kind of deals he could sneak out to in the middle of the night with duffel bags thrown over his shoulder, the kind Kinsey and Allison had seen him with while raiding their fridge for a midnight snack.

Now, with just an hour before the moving truck was due to arrive, Kinsey sat packing the smaller pieces of her belongings that she would take in the car with them. After all of her experience, the girl had become an expert in packing, though that didn't stop her from procrastinating until the final moment possible. Allison had warned her not to, they both knew it would end this way, but Kinsey was stubborn, ruthlessly stubborn, a trait she regretted after waking up at 5 o'clock to do her final packing, late, as she did everything. She packed late. Arrived everywhere late. Wake up late. She couldn't remember a day in her life that she had been on time.

Allison and her organizational skills had offered to help multiple times, but with Victoria lurking around every corner, she always managed to interject, insisting that Kinsey do it alone, suffering enough until she learned to be on time. For four years she had tried that tactic, and still, the girl was late for everything. 

Kinsey admired her final belonging, a picture of her and her mother, the last one they shared. It was an old photo, enough for the young girl to be unrecognizable to even herself. Old pictures of them were the closest thing Kinsey had to seeing her mother lately, it had been months. With an apparently booming business, she didn't have time to visit her daughter, not even for her child's sixteenth birthday, arguably one of the biggest birthdays a person can have. She claimed that it would be made up for, but Kinsey wasn't sure whether to believe it, her mother wasn't exactly a maternal person, showing love was far from her area of expertise, as were keeping promises. But even in light of all of that, she still missed her mother being around. She missed her, even if Kate hadn't ever given her much to miss.

"Kinsey!" Victoria's name bellowed through the house. Always so formal. Victoria was the only one to call her by her full name, Allison and Chris opted for nicknames, typically Kins or Kin, the occasional Kinny if Chris felt the need to prove that he was a fun uncle. "Kinsey!" she yelled once again as the teenager quickly gathered her final boxes, rushing to bring them to the car that they had probably packed hours ago.

She stood up with a large huff as she tried to lift her heavy boxes, taking a moment to look at her room a final time, it was now bare, with nothing but a dresser that needed to be loaded into the moving van. Already it was gathering dust, covering up any memory that she had ever been here in the first place.

"Need some help?" Allison's voice came from the door, startling her as she dropped the box onto the floor, sending a large clattering sound through the bare house. Kinsey was relieved, Allison's voice was like an angel. As her agreement, she shoved the heaviest box in Allison's arms with her usual devious smile, she had to admit she found some joy in watching the weight almost pull the girl down to the floor. "Jesus, Kins, did you pack the entire of San Francisco in here?" 

"Oh there's more where that came from, wait until you see the box of flannels."

Allison looked over at the unsealed box of flannels on the floor, her brows raising as the heaving cardboard box. "That is an unhealthy addiction, you know, right?" she laughed. "I think I might have to host an intervention," she suggested, spinning on her heel as she waddled back toward the door. "Oh, don't forget your necklace." she pointed out, nodding toward the statement piece on her dresser. It wasn't often the girl took it off, only ever for a shower, it just so happened that in all of the fuss of the morning that she had forgotten to put it back on.