Chapter 1: Friends.

*notification rings* laughing at a joke one of my friends just cracked, I took my phone into my hands to see who had just texted me. I almost choked on my tongue as my brain double taked on what it just read. "nilskue: lmao 💀" He replied to my story reply. I had been casually sending him humorous replies to his stories for quite a long while now mostly because it was too funny to keep the jokes only to me, what a shame it would've been but god I never expected him to actually reply. I knew he was very well connected to his followers but this nah I must be dreaming. 

I took a breath as I checked the time, it was 10 p.m. here which meant it was probably 6:30 p.m. in Germany. I opened the notification. Not knowing how to reply I simply liked the message and wrote 'Damn, never expected you to actually reply.' 

Him: (after half and hour) It was funny 🤷🏽‍♀️ and I am not that conceited 

Me: That's not what I meant- (Ah I was messing this up)

Him: I know, I just read all your story replies

Man you are hilarious 

Me: Thanks 😅 

When you have as much as trauma as me, humour becomes your coping mechanism.

Him: I'll look forward to your replies on my story from now on. 

Me: Sure :)

That's it the conversation was over right there and even though my heartbeat returned back to normal I couldn't quite wrap my head around that the conversation actually happened. 

I did continue sending him my quirky replies and we had a conversation whenever our time zones matched and he was not busy. We became good online friends. There was a short bond but I knew it would never be anything more than that cause he lived in Germany and I in India. I didn't expect it to become so. It was a normal follower and followed relation. 

{preferred background music: Fading Through by Wafia, Vancouver Sleep Clinic}