Chapter 10: Married?

I woke up the next morning with almost a billion messages bursting through my phone. I opened Nils' first. 

'Good morning love, oh god I wanted to see you face when you saw this but I can't so do send me a pic.' and he had tagged me in a reel. A reel of a series of pictures flashing through, pictures of me all in candid pictures. He was planning this for a while. I smiled as wide as I could. The caption said Introducing... the love of my life. My phone rang and Nils' name flashed. "Look out your window" he said, I got up from bed and looked down. Nils car was parked below. "Pack some stuff, beach day."

I brushed as I back my bag with sunglasses, sunscreen, water bottle, a towel, a clip and a book. I took water over my body and wore a dark orange bikini I had recently bought. Paired it with Nils' white shirt I had borrowed a while back and jeans shorts with slide-ons. I wore some jewellery and a little eyeliner and lip balm and left. I was out in 15 minutes that was a new record. 

I rushed down and into his car as he kissed me good morning. "Is that my shirt? I'd have to find a way to take it off you so that I can have it back." He said as he drove on. "I can think of a few ways.." I added. We took a drive thru breakfast and headed onto the long drive to the beach.

Stealing moments of touch, lightly brushing against my hand and my thigh, looking at me intently as I looked out the window. I saw it and it made my heart fill with joy. 

An hour into the drive, we parked into a spot in front of the beach. My phone which I had kept on the dash fell and before I could retrieve it, Nils bent over and brought it. Brushing the outer side of his hand against the length of my calf and knee and gently placed my phone on my thigh. I drew in a sharp breath. I could feel his gaze intensify. "It's you who looks nervous and it's me who is getting the goosebumps" He says. I look over at him as he leans in and kisses my neck, releasing all the tension from my body. 

We got out of the car and stepped onto the deserted beach in almost the middle of winter, he guided me to a secluded place, with a warm jacuzzi with food and drinks. 

He pulled me close and kissed me as he unbuttoned my shirt and me his. His hand snaked around my waist sliding, tracing my spine until it reached in my hair. The other hand unbuttoned my pants and grabbed my butt, closer to him.He picked me up bridal style into the jacuzzi. Where I sat on top of him, kissing. I started moving my hips rhythmically as he leaned his head back groaning. His hands on my hip gripping them harder down. He looked back at me. I bit my lip as he looked at me intensely, my eyes trailed to his lips as he locked his lips again with mine. His hand grabbing the back of my forehead and as he trails to my neck and shut my eyes tightly and exhale slowly and heavily. His other hand still moving my hips on him. And now we looked at each other, knowing what was about to go down. His hand went to the top of my back, unbuttoning my bikini top, his soft hair brushing against my chest as his fingers dug into me. It was more than the physical attraction, it was the way he wanted me, closer and closer to him until we both didn't have any space in between us.

...

I lay on his chest, still in the jacuzzi looking up at the clear night sky. Nils got up out of the water into a new pair of shorts and back onto his shirt. I changed behind a screen like he did and did the same. He took me by the hand and led me to a distance from the jacuzzi to a private dinner. A table for two with food, a small canopy and everything candle-lit. My hands slapped my face, I looked up at him, smiling and giggling. Yesterday was our anniversary, why was all of this happening today? I went to the table and we had our wonderful dinner. And as I finished my dessert. Nils began, we didn't usually speak through dinner or any meal it was easy for us to just enjoy each other's company looking and occasionally talking, "SO you must be thinking why have I done all of this when our anniversary was yesterday... well, I don't need a day to appreciate you in my life and also because this of this," He went down on one knee and my heartbeat paced and picked up a fork. "A fork?" I asked "Oh no, it fell so I had to pick it up." He answered "and because I love you endlessly." He completed, seemed odd but okay. I smiled as we left. Most of the ride home I fell asleep. We were going to his apartment because it was near from the route and he was tired. I agreed. I could steal more clothes like that. He handed me his apartment keys as he brought mine and his bags. I turned the keys and the lights turned on with a few of his and my closest people, holding a banner which read 'will you marry me?' and I turned around to look at Nils who was down on one knee.

"Dhruvi, you were a blessing. From the day we texted I surprisingly felt at ease with you. You exude such vibes that you felt like home. And then we met and your warmth enveloped me. You aren't just my girlfriend you are my partner, you helped me grow into a better person and you make me a better person everyday. And I know marriage is a huge decision but you were all I am looking for. You are you, and I love you for it. And it would be an honour to have you with me all my life. We don't have to get married till you are 21 but I just, I don't know, want it to be quick. I am messing up the speech. Dhruvi Kangutkar, will you marry me?"

I looked him, tears brimming my eyes as I choked out "Yes, Nils Kuesel I will marry you." I said as he placed the ring on my finger and kissed me. Looking at him i said laughing and crying, "You still can't pronounce my name right."

****

Looking back at this memory I smile sadly as I hold my mail in my hands. A mail consisting of 5 envelopes in total, one of them Nils' wedding invitation to Katherine.

{Preferred Background Music: Coloring by Kevin Garrett}