RS_Part 10

**Part 19**

**Sang's POV**

The more you make of me,

 The more you leave behind.

What am I?

Figure me out.

Take no time to fret, whine, or pout.

Take 50 South then 50 East.

There you'll find my next little helper, quickly now, move your feet.

This was on a small white piece of paper on top of the stack of wood. I found it when I was going to get another board for the house after I made it back from my short walk.

That wasn't, however, what made me pick it up.

It was the bold letters S-A-N-G glaring up at me from it.

As I read it, the answer was clear to me and I figured the guys--or maybe Connor--was trying to make this day even more fun for me. 

They must have noticed I've been zoned out a bit today. This was something my own guys would do. Especially Gabriel and Luke.

They would never let me be quiet and withdrawn for too long before some crazy scheme came out of their creative minds.

I decided to play along. 

The answer was obviously "footsteps" so I simply plugged that word into and followed the instructions. 

After 25 footsteps in what I was sure was the south direction, I noticed the sun was barely reaching through the treetops. I must have been going deeper into the woods. Ms. Greeves had pointed out that we weren't supposed to let our assigned kids go to far in. Only a certain number of acres of the woods had been cleared out so far for the program; the rest was on the schedule to be cleared but it would be a while yet before they got to them.

Oh, Connor, if this is you, you're going to get us both in so much trouble

I kept walking until I got to 50 and then I turned to my right, sure that was East. 50 steps in that direction and I found myself unsure what to do next. 

Re-reading the note, it plainly said that the next hint would be here. Well, not plainly, but it insinuated it. I was sure i'd gotten it right. 

Oh! I had the thought right then to text Kota. The guys hadn't said I couldn't text one of them but I knew Mr. Blackbourne thought it took their attention away from their mission so I sighed and dropped that thought. I was sure Kota would've known if I was right or not though.

I moved around looking under rocks and around trees and even in bushes. Until, that is, I smacked myself on the forehead for being so slow. 

A glimpse of something white caught my attention tacked up on a tree but it would require me climbing just a little to get to it.

Now I knew for sure it was Connor's doing. 

Corey, Brandon, Raven, heck even Mark and Axel would flip before they let me climb a tree.

I smirked as I climbed it. 

Connor was doing me more good than I was doing him; he'd pulled me out of my quiet shell the second we got assigned to each other and Carey had helped too.

I wonder what she was doing. Painting was easy so I didn't think it would've kept her attention too long. Maybe she was in on this with Connor?

I stood on a branch and snagged the note, carefully climbing back down because the branch was not the sturdiest. It kept moving while I stood on it!