RS_Part 8

**Part 16**

**Mr. Blackbourne's POV**

This mission was taking a lot out of all of them.

Mr. Blackbourne was considering now exactly why this mission was so rewarding. The boys began to comment about how they should just reject the mission. They said that they could get favors in other ways. They were all vehemently against breaking the rule; they didn't want to betray Ms. Sorenson in anyway.

Of course, he had set them straight on that right away. As he listened to Kota's actually trying to teach his Marvolo Diva something scientific (the crazy girl was using her time with Kota to get him to do her homework at the moment and he was attempting to get her to actually learn the material), he let his mind wander back to that conversation.

After Victor had stormed out and he'd informed them that the girls they were to be working for were the Marvolos, he'd allowed Kota and Nathan to go after their brother.

They came back a total of 1o minutes and 23 seconds later with a less angry Victor and they were all calm enough to talk through it like gentleman. 

It was then he decided to alert them that the reward for this mission was not something they could throw away. 

He remembered their reactions with a grimace.

**flashback begins**

"Mr. B., I'm not willing to betray my Trouble like this. We made a rule, a Family rule, not to bring any other birds in. Not to mention, you're not talking some quiet chick or maybe some fake gangster's daughter we could keep quiet, you're talking the Divas who don't go a day without making the news."

Before Mr. Blackbourne could speak, Nathan cut in, "Gabe's got a point, guys. Sang cuts a tv on and she'll see one of us with one of them. We won't even be able to tell her that it's not real because she's not officially in our team yet. We'd be losing Sang if we kept on with this."

Kota asked, "So we're agreed, we're rejecting this mission and the reward of 8 favors each that go with it?"

As the others began to murmur their assents--North's "Fuck yeah, Im not touchin those skanks," being the loudest--Mr. Blackbourne whistled. The shrill sound sounded through the room bringing attention back on the enigmatic leader.

"We cannot reject this mission, gentleman. We are also being rewarded a Promise from an Academy Elder. You understand the magnitude of that."

He watched as his brothers took in this information and the emotions on their faces ranged from anger, frustration, disbelief, pain, and finally, acceptance.

He turned to Gabriel who pulled at his hair but, after moments of silently doing so, reluctantly nodded. 

"I am not willing but I will obey."

The other 8 of his brothers gave the exact same sentiment. None of them were willing to jeopardise a future with Ms. Sorenson.

But all of them knew that a Promise from an Academy Elder was huge. The Elder was required to Promise your team anything you asked for. Mr. Blackbourne knew that his brothers were all thinking the same he was; they were going to demand the Promise be that Sang could be officially adopted into the family and not taken away to be placed with another team.

Unfortunately, to win that Promise, they had to do something that could run her way forever. It was risky, but the reward was worth it. Wasn't it?

**flashback ended**

((*Sean POV*))

Sean couldn't believe his ears as he listened to this silly girl ask Silas how much he benched and if he thought he could pick up a truck like Superman.