21

When you and Bucky left Wakanda, you made an agreement with T'Challa and Suri that you'd visit once a year, which was fine with you. Last time you left Wakanda, you were in a terrible mood and left the country with nothing. This time around, you left in a good mood with a whole bunch of plums. Let's not forget the boyfriend either.

Now, you and Bucky are officially official, meaning you were probably going to have to tell the team about what happened once you came back. The thought of going back to the team made you queasy, not just because you left on awkward terms, but because you're going to have to see Natasha again. She's not going to be too happy about the 'Boyfriend' thing.

"Where have you guys been?" Bruce asks once you and Bucky walk back into the compound with your stuff.

"Stayed at a friend's." You say casually, not wanting to give too much away.

Steve comes around the corner, and when he sees Bucky, it looks like he's got tears in his eyes. "Buck?"

Bucky lifts his head to look at Steve, but he doesn't say anything. Probably because he doesn't know what to say to him.

"Look, I'm really sorry." Steve says, walking towards the two of you. "I didn't mean to blow up like that."

"It's okay?" Bucky says uncertainly.

"You don't sound too sure." Steve lowers his head.

"I'm just surprised, that's all. I didn't think you'd want to talk to me once we got back."

"We both made mistakes. I shouldn't throw my friendship away for a girl."

"Aren't those Bucky's?" Bruce asks, pointing to the dog tags on your neck.

"Yes and no." You answer. "I'll explain it all later."

You then hear footsteps coming down the stairs that seem too light to be Tony's, so you figure it's Natasha. Your hunch was correct, and she stops dead in her tracks when she sees you.

"We need to talk." She says to you once the guys move away.

"Do we?" You fold your arms. "I thought you made yourself pretty clear last time."

"Do you want me to take these up for you?" Bucky asks, not noticing Natasha standing on the stairs.

"No, it's fine, I'll do it." You reply.

"You sure?"

"Positive." You chuckle, and he kisses your cheek before going back over to Steve and Bruce.

Natasha looks a little disappointed, but not as mad as she was last time. "Please? We really need to sort this out."

"Okay." You sigh, taking your bags up the stairs and walking up behind her.

Once you place your bags in your room, Natasha closes the door and leans on the wall. "I'm sorry." She blurts.

"You're sorry?" You repeat out of shock.

"I've taken a little time to think while you were gone, and I realised that I was being really inconsiderate by not apologising for sleeping with Bucky." She looks straight at you. "It was a really shitty thing to do."

"But you still like him?"

"No, not anymore. I've chosen to put my feelings for him to the side, because I know all he wants is to be with you. There's no point in liking someone who doesn't like me back. All it causes is heartbreak. I saw how affectionate he was with you just now, and I really don't want to get in the way of that."

"That's very mature of you." You soften up a little.

"Yeah." She nods slowly. "I want to get us back to how we were, pre-party. I understand if you don't want to, and you don't have to forgive me straight away but I really hope we can move past this, y'know?"