07

Since yours and Bucky's hook up, the two of you have been doing it every other day since then, even when the team came back from the mission. It's the same old routine. Either you or Bucky does something to turn the other one of you on, resulting in a lot of secret hookups in a lot of secret places. Whether it be the living room when nobody's home, your bedroom, his bedroom, the supplies closet, over the counter, it was a lot.

Today's a really nice day out, and there seems to be no trouble, so Natasha suggests you all take a dip in the hot tub. As amazing as that sounds, all your clothes are back at your apartment that you left Nico in a few weeks ago. It seems crazy how different your life was back then.

"Just go back and get 'em." Natasha shrugs, like it was no big deal.

"What if the police are still looking for me?" You worry, and Natasha scoffs.

"They closed that case like two weeks ago, Y/N."

"So I could've gone home this whole time?" You ask, half chuckling.

"Exactly. But hey, at least now you're attached." She jokes.

She's right, you are. There was something or someone that made you want to stay here, even though you knew the easiest thing to do would be to go over to Raya's house like you planned to. Now, the Avengers have sort of become your family, and you feel a lot safer with them.

"If you're that worried, I'll go with you." Steve offers, and Bucky crosses his arms.

"You don't have to go with her, she can go on her own."

You can tell he doesn't mean to be spiteful. He's been jealous of yours and Steve's friendship for a long time now, since it began.

"Acctually, maybe Bucky should go with her." Natasha smirks. "The two of you need to learn how to get along."

That's right, she still has no idea that you've been 'getting along' just fine. You and Bucky have agreed to never tell anyone about what you've started and what game your playing.

Speaking of Bucky's game, you feel like he's winning already. You can't help but catch small feelings for the man every time he kisses you and caresses your body so often. You haven't told him this, but you plan to sometime. You figure by telling him soon and putting a stop to it quickly, the whole situation would go down a lot easier than if you do it later on.

"I don't think that's a good idea." You tease. "He might just kill me."

"I just might." Bucky teases back, but still giving you no smile. He doesn't want to blow his cover in front of Steve and Nat, so he waits until they're gone to let his smile break free.

"What's your status?" He asks as the both of you walk towards one of his cars.

"On what exactly?"

"Us. Have you lost yet?" He smirks.

"No." You lie. "I don't like you romantically."

"Good." He clears his throat. "It's a sex thing only."

"Right." You nod, even though you desperately want to disagree.

The ride to your apartment is mostly silent, since the both of you seem too scared to talk to one and other. You've never really been in a situation like this before. If you were back at the compound, you'd both find a way to 'liven it up'. Since you're in a car, there's not much you could do but sit there and wait for the painfully awkward journey to end.

●●●

"This is me." You say, shivering as Bucky pulls up to the back of the building. You haven't been here since...that day.