17

When you land into Wakanda, you and T'Challa help Bucky off of the jet, and you hold him still as the four of you stand in before Suri and the Queen Mother in front of the palace.

Gosh, it's seems like centuries since you've been here, and it hasn't changed a bit. It's a shame you were only supposed to stay here for a day, you'd have liked to stay here for a while longer, given the events back at the Tower.

"Queen Mother." You bow down slightly. "Princess. My comfort for your loss."

"Thank you, Y/N." Queen Mother smiles at you. "It's nice to have you back, my dear."

"Who's this one?" Suri points at Bucky.

"I was kind of hoping you could fix him. He's kind of...broken."

"I'm not broken." Bucky groans in pain.

Suri looks him up, giving him a weird look before she smiles. "I'll do what I can."

"Thank you."

She then turns her focus over to Okoye. "Did he freeze?"

"Like an antelope in headlights." Okoye smirks.

"Ah, Nakia must be here." You realise.

"How did you know?" T'Challa asks.

"You always freeze when you see her." You say, making the girls laugh.

"Are you finished?" He sighs in embarrassment.

"Does he have a name?" Okoye asks you, referring to Bucky.

"Bucky." He responds, and she taps her spear to the ground twice, making two of the Dora Milaje guards take him off of you.

"Take him to the lab and wait for the Princess to return." She instructs.

"Yes general." One of the guards says, and they haul him over to the palace, leaving only you, T'Challa, Suri and Queen Mother.

"So surprised that my little sister came to see me before my big day." T'Challa smirks at Suri, who rolls her eyes.

"You wish." She scoffs. "I only came down because I heard Y/N was coming back."

"What can I say, I'm pretty special." You say, making Suri and the Queen Mother laugh.

"Plus," Suri continues. "I've also come for the EMP beads. I've developed an update."

"Updates?" T'Challa shrugs. "No, it works perfectly."

"Just because something works doesn't mean that it cannot be improved."

"What do you know?" T'Challa scoffs, thrusting his fists forwards towards her, allowing her to take the beads off of his wrists.

"More than you." She quips, turning on her heel to walk away.

"I can't wait to see what kind of updates you make to your ceremonial outfit!" T'Challa calls out.

Suri sticks her middle finger up as she walks towards the palace, making T'Challa's mouth open slightly.

"Suri!" Queen Mother warns, without even looking at her.

"Sorry, mother!"

●●●

When T'Challa escorts you up to Suri's lab, you see that Bucky's being strapped down to a vertically angled table.

"What's going on?" You ask, rushing over to him.

"Change of plans." Bucky looks at you.

"Mr Barnes has chosen to go back under the ice." A worker says, and your heart drops.