02

You wake up in a bedroom that looks nothing like your one at home. The bed seems bigger and way more comfortable. The sheets even smell expensive. You sit up and prop yourself up on your elbows to get a better look of the bedroom. The walls are a pearly white and the air smells crisp. All the furniture in the room are elegant, but with a modern flare.

Yeah, definitely not your room.

You get up and when your feet make contact with the cold floor, you wince and start walking a little quicker towards the door. That's when the events of yesterday really starts to sink in. It could be days, weeks or even years until the police stop investigating what happened in the elevator.

You start to get a little curious and decide to take a look around the place. You're halfway down one hallway when you bump into someone's chest.

"I'm terribly sorry, Lady Y/N." Thor's voice whispers.

"Oh, it's okay." You take a few steps back from him. He looks so different without the armor and the hammer and all that.

"How are you finding the place?" He asks.

"It's..." You take a look around. "...nice. I'd rather be in the comfort of my own home though." You look down slightly.

"It's only a matter of time before they clear it up, you'll be home in no time." He pats your shoulder, comforting you a little. "Though of course, if you choose to change your mind about the offer Steve gave you yesterday..."

"He told you about that?"

"He told everyone about that." Thor chuckles.

"I'm not Avenger material. I just know how to fight, that's all. You guys are all super humans and gods, and big angry monsters. I'm just...me."

"I don't think Natasha has any powers either. Or Clint. Yet, we still need them here. It doesn't matter if you're a goddess or if you only know how to throw a punch, if Steve should think you have potential, that means a great deal. You should at least think about it."

With that, he carries on going where he's supposed to go. You stand in the hallway for a while, thinking about what he said. He's right, Natasha and Clint are just assassins. They're only human behind that gun, or that arrow. The only thing is, you don't even know how to use a gun. Or a bow and arrow, for that matter. Where you were trained, they used rather...different weapons of combat.

You head downstairs to the main room where you were yesterday, since it's the only room you actually know how to get to.

When you open the door, you see Bucky, Steve and Natasha sitting on the couch, talking.

Damn, the anxiety is starting to kick in. You don't know if you want to go in there or not. It could just be endless awkward silence as soon as you step foot in that room. Still, you decide to be brave a little and open the door fully.

When you do, all three of them turn their heads towards you with smiles on their faces.

"Morning." Steve beams at you.

You noticeably see Bucky cut Steve a dirty look at his greeting.

Why?

"Hey, guys." You sit on the edge of a chair next to Natasha.

"I'm glad you came here, because I need a girl's opinion on this." Steve says.

"Shoot."

"Back in my day, girls liked guys who were kind and romantic. I was wondering if that was the same thing, but Natasha here thinks otherwise."

"Sure, nice guys are sweet, but some girls like bad guys." She smirks.

You feel all eyes go to you for your opinion. "I think we like a bit of both. Too much of a bad guy could end up just being an asshole. Too much of a good guy, and he could...end up being an asshole." You chuckle.

"So girls like a balance?" Bucky asks.

"Exactly, a balance."

You and Bucky lock eyes again, but it lasts a longer time than it did yesterday. His eyes move up and down on your body, and your eyes do the same. You can't stop thinking about how ripped he would be underneath that black shirt he has on.

What are you saying?

You absolutely cannot fall for another guy again. Not after what happened with Nico. You've got to control whatever lustful feelings you have for him.

Natasha moves up closer to you. "Do you boys mind if I talk to my lady friend over here?"

"You want us to leave?"

"Bingo." She smiles at them as they get up and leave the room.

Wow, she's got them wrapped around her little finger.

"What did you want to talk about?"

"Do you want me to set up a sex date with you and Bucky or something?"

Your eyes widen. "What?"

"It's so painfully obvious that you guys like eachother!"

"I met him yesterday." You chuckle lightly. "I don't think feelings come that quick."

"Yeah they do. Ask Romeo. Or Jack Dawson."

"They're fictional characters, Natasha."

"It doesn't matter." She whines. "The way you two look at eachother is enough to tell me you wanna get into is pants."

She's right.

She's so right.

But you can't. If you do, then you might actually start having romantic feelings for him. Catching feelings never ends well.

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐆𝐀𝐌𝐄 || 𝐁. 𝐁𝐀𝐑𝐍𝐄𝐒 ||On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara