"Alright- no more jewellery. Even though this necklace is really pretty."
"And costs fifty dollars," Nico muttered. "Oh well. Go on, buy it. Father won't notice."
Hazel smiled. "You're the best brother ever."
Nico didn't know why that comment made him sad rather than happy. "I know."
"Let's go pay them go to the next store."

• • •

They walked out of the store. Hazel turn around suddenly. "Follow me follow me follow me." She said quickly, walking away.
"Huh?" Nico started following her. She went into a random store.
"Oh god."
"Hazel, what are you doing?"
"Help."
"Are you dying?"
"Frank Zhang is here."
"Oh- ohhh. Okay? And?"
"That is so embarrassing." Hazel buried her face in her hands.
"It is?"
"Yes! He was in Starbucks with his friends. He didn't see me but still!"

Nico sighed. "Then let's just not walk past Starbucks."
"But what if we see him in another store!"
"Then- uh- I don't know."
"What do we do?!" Hazel said, as if the whole world was about to end.
"I'm going to Starbucks." Nico shrugged.
"Are you stupid?!"
"Incredibly stupid, yeah."
"I am not going near Starbucks!" Hazel said, looking stressed.
"Fine. I'm going alone. You have fun in this-" Nico looked around. "Shoe shop. I'd recommend ones that light up when you stomp."

• • •

Nico regretted it. Why didn't he think about who Frank Zhang was friends with? Percy. Freaking. Jackson. And the other two- Rachel Dare and Grover Underwood. Nico wasn't worried about them, they wouldn't recognise him. Percy, though. Ugh. He ordered a drink, trying to stay hidden from the friend group's sight. He looked at his phone to avoid interaction and realised he'd never replied to his friend. He really had to find out her name rather than calling her 'his friend'.

Ghost_king: hypothetically if you were in Starbucks and seen your crush with his friends, one of which asked out your half-sister, WHAT WOULD YOU DO.

He risked looking over at Percy, who had that stupid smile on his face. Why couldn't he have had a crush on anyone else? Anyone.
Rachel Dare was sitting beside him and picked up her phone. After she set it down, Nico got a message.

Oracle_of_delphi: hypothetically I'm in Starbucks rn lol but uhm- I would- idfk.
Ghost_king: I'm panicking, he hasn't noticed me yet
Oracle_of_delphi: then you good.

Nico was not good. Just then, he oh so happened to lock eyes with Jackson. Nico looked back at his phone quickly, pretending he didn't notice Percy.

Ghost_king: NEVER MIND HE JUST NOTICED OH NO OH NO KILL ME
Oracle_of_delphi: I would but that's illegal and I can't kill through phones.
Ghost_king: what do I do what do I do what do I do

[RACHEL ELIZABETH DARE]

"Rachel, put your phone down for five minutes and give Frank relationship advice." Percy said.
"Why does everyone come to me for relationship advice?"
"Cause you're cool like that?" Percy said, before looking up, at the other side of the cafe. Rachel followed his gaze to Nico di Angelo, before getting another message. She kept texting an internet friend, who was pretty cool, but was having his own romance problems. With some skater boy which 'oh such perfect sea green eyes' and-

Rachel looked at Percy. Then back at Nico. Then at her phone. Then at Percy. Then at Grover, for some reason. Probably cause Grover had taken his reed pipes out in a public place and was playing them. Then back at Percy. Then at Nico.

Oracle_of_delphi: NICO?!!!
Ghost_king:  wait what
Oracle_of_delphi: YOURE NICO DI ANGELO

Nico was looking at her now. Then he turned around and left the store as the bartender called his name, with a drink ready.
Nico di Angelo was her internet friend. Nico di Angelo had a crush on her best friend. Nico di Angelo's sister was going to go on a date with her other best friend. Oh.

[NICO DI ANGELO]

It made so much sense. How didn't he realise sooner? Oh god. Rachel was going to tell Percy, wasn't she?! Oh god. Oh god.

Oracle_of_delphi: NICO ANSWER
Ghost_king: do not tell anyone.

He was about to block her but hesitated. He'd figure it out later. He stuffed his phone in his pocket, rushing back to the shoe shop.

• • •

He eventually got to the shoe shop, his heart still racing. It was so obvious. How she said her friends weren't at computer class when he was in the bathroom while Percy and Grover were right there. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

"Nico!" Hazel said. "You're finally back."
"Yup. Uh. Zhang never saw me."
"And you didn't buy anything?"
"Ehm. No." Well, he ran away before it was ready.
"Ookay. Also there was no light up shoes." Hazel joked, pretending to be sad.
"Hm. Heelys?
"I was thinking rollerblades." Hazel nodded.
"Hah. I think you have bought enough. Come on, Jules-Albert is probably waiting."

———

Word count: 1484

———

A/n: hi. Anyway. Frazel!!! I know it's SO quick paced (Frazel) but eh not every relationship can be slow burn