Chapter #25

Anamika and Vineet go for Anamika's checkup. She tells the doctor that she wants to take another test. The doctor is surprised but agrees with her. She also asks her(Anamika) not to be sad if the results are not in her favour. She agrees about the same. Vineet assures the doctor that he will take care of Anamika. The doctor does Anamika's tests and they leave the hospital.

As Anamika and Vineet leave the doctor's cabin, she finds two ladies entering the room. Vineet asks Anamika to wait while he goes to fill the amount for the tests done. She agrees and waits near the cabin. Vineet leaves and Anamika sits on the bench which is placed near the door. She is scrolling her phone and calls Ishika. The girl's cheerful voice makes her smile. She tells Ishika that they will reach home in an hour. The girl chuckles and tells her that she is on the verge of finishing the designs. Anamika agrees and disconnects the call. At the same time, Anamika hears something that startles her. She turns inside the cabin where the two ladies saw a while ago, are still sitting.

Anamika is surprised to know that the lady who is pregnant is the sister of the other, and she(pregnant woman) is carrying the child for her sister and sister's husband

Anamika is surprised to know that the lady who is pregnant is the sister of the other, and she(pregnant woman) is carrying the child for her sister and sister's husband. Anamika is astonished when she hears that the other one is doing it willingly. The other lady couldn't conceive and so her sister comes to her help. Anamika is thoughtful and her trance is broken when Vineet calls her name. He is done with the formalities and they leave the hospital. All through the way, Anamika is silent. Her doctor's words are echoing in her mind. Vineet notices her unusual silence, but thinks that maybe she is sad for the fact that she can't conceive, as they both saw that pregnant lady together. He lets go of all the things and they reach home.

*****
As they reach home, Ishika opens the door and greets them with a smile. She tells Anamika that she has finished her designs and she can take a look. Anamika smiles at her but doesn't reply. Ishika also gives an envelope to Vineet, telling him that it got delivered after they left the house. Vineet thanks her and pats her head, and when she asks about Anamika.

The lady is now seated on the couch and is lost in some thoughts

The lady is now seated on the couch and is lost in some thoughts. Ishika looks at Vineet and asks him the matter but he denies knowing anything. Ishika sits beside Anamika.