Chapter #20

After her treatment, Anamika takes Ishika home with Naman's help. On the way, Anamika sits on the back seat with Ishika and strokes her head softly. The girl suddenly breaks into tears feeling the warm touch. Anamika is shocked at her sudden outburst. She pulls her in a hug and the girl begins to cry bitterly. Their way home is silent, with only Ishika's sobs audible.

Upon reaching home, Naman helps unlock the door, and Anamika takes Ishika inside in her room. She makes her sit and gives her water. Ishika takes some sips and takes deep breaths. Anamika pats her cheek and asks her to rest, but the girl holds her hand. Anamika looks at her.

"Thanks! For everything that you did

"Thanks! For everything that you did. And sorry, for all the trouble." Ishika says, her voice is still heavy.

"Apnon ko thank you aur sorry nahi kehte

"Apnon ko thank you aur sorry nahi kehte." Anamika pats her cheek.

"Hum toh ek dusre ko jaante bhi nahi! And you did a lot for me. So, thank you!" Ishika says.

Anamika is surprised at her words. She just said that they don't know each other. But, just now, until morning, she considers her(Anamika) as her elder sister. And now she's saying that they aren't related. Aren't heartfelt relations true? Anamika is in pain  for a moment. She surely took her(Ishika) as her  younger sister, and now that Ishika is realising the reality, she is hurt. She always wanted this, she always prayed for Ishika's recovery, but the girl suddenly changed. Anamika smiles lightly at Ishika.

"I agree hum nahi jaante, par main toh bahut ache se jaanti hoon tumhe. Isliye tumhe formal hone ki zarurat nahi hai. After all tum apni behen ke ghar mein ho." Anamika says and begins to leave after making her lie on the bed.

Naman glances at Ishika, he hasn't met her well, but he begins to speak.