Chapter Twenty-Four

Start from the beginning

"Mmm, I really want some nigiri" Hanae mentioned, looking over the different fish options.

"Nigiri is good" Aizawa agreed, "So what did Mt. Lady mean by escalate things?"

Hanae slightly choked on her tea.

"Um, I'm not really sure" Hanae coughed, "Yu likes to play matchmaker?"

"Ah" Aizawa nodded, "She really is shameless"

He reached for a plate of edamame that he had ordered off the screen in front of him. Hanae felt her stomach sink at his comment as she watched him eat the soy beans.

"Ha, yeah. She's definitely outgoing" Hanae laughed, trying to play off her sadness.

"Did you tell her anything?" Aizawa pried.

"What?!" Hanae blushed, "What do you mean?"

"I was just wondering what prompted her to do that" Aizawa shrugged.

"I think it was only because I told her about yesterday" Hanae lied.

Aizawa looked at Hanae with curiosity. Hanae smiled nervously as she ate a piece of nigiri.

"Well, I can see how someone would get excited by that" Aizawa admitted.

"Yeah, I guess" Hanae agreed.

Both looked at the other and remained quiet, the only noise coming from the businessmen next to Aizawa. Hanae focused on the leftover nigiri and rice balls in front of her, silently wishing she could disappear.

"So how long has it been since you've had a boyfriend then?" Aizawa asked nonchalantly.

"HUH?" Hanae spat out her tea causing Aizawa to laugh hysterically.

"That was so embarrassing!" Hanae whined, as she lightly pushed Aizawa's shoulder away from her.

"I'm so sorry Hanae" Aizawa laughed between words, "I didn't mean to make you do that"

"I know, but I wasn't prepared for that question" Hanae laughed back, justifying herself.

"But seriously? How long has it been?" Aizawa asked again, more serious.

"It's been about five years? We broke up because of what happened. He wasn't able to be there for me as much as I needed him to be" Hanae admitted.

"Oh, I'm sorry to hear that" Aizawa said, as he reached out to touch her hand.

"Thank you" Hanae replied, noticing Aizawa still hadn't moved his hand.

She blushed as she finished her meal.

"Did you want to eat anything else?" Hanae asked.

"No, I'm good" Aizawa responded, finally removing his hand.

"Okay, I'll go ahead and pay" Hanae replied, feeling a little sad that his hand was no longer there.

After Hanae paid, the duo got up and exited the restaurant.

"So are you headed back to UA?" Haane asked.

"Yeah, I feel bad for leaving Vlad King alone with the kids but at least I left right when they all broke for lunch" Aizawa replied.

"Well I have to go back home and get some work done" Hanae replied.

"Oh, okay" Aizawa responded, a flicker of sadness washed over his face.

"Yeah..." Hanae mimicked his response.

"Eri really enjoyed having you over" Aizawa stated randomly.

"Oh" Hanae piped up, "I really enjoyed my time with both of you as well"

"Yeah? Good, you should come over again soon" Aizawa replied in a more upbeat tone.

"Okay! Why don't you take my number and we can arrange something?" Hanae suggested, pulling her phone out of her pocket.

"Sure" Aizawa replied, grabbing his phone as well.

"Well I guess I'll be seeing you then" Hanae said, backing away to leave.

"Yeah... see you" Aizawa mumbled, still looking at his phone screen.

Hanae waved as she turned around and began to walk away.

"Hanae wait!" Aizawa called from behind her.

Hanae turned around to see Aizawa gazing at her.

"You know... Mt. Lady may not be in the wrong" Aizawa stated nervously.

"Wait, what do you mean?" Hanae replied confused.

"I know we just met, but I wouldn't hate it if we... escalated things" Aizawa admitted.

A/N: Lock me up for this cliffhanger... 😗😉