Chapter 2

ALEXANDRA

"Are you alright, sweetheart?" Lou asked the second she saw me. I had managed to not get lost backstage whilst looking for Lou.

"Yeah, I'm just going to be hanging out back here if you don't mind." I assured, grinning up at her warmly.

"Oh darling, I don't mind at all! Come on, let's have a little chat." She smiled gently, setting her hair brush and spray down walking to sit with me and Scarlett who was resting on my lap.

"Alrighty." I murmured, adjusting Scarlett so she was sitting with her back resting against my chest.

"Do you still breastfeed her?" Lou asked, tickling Scar's chubby feet. I smiled softly at the pair, nodding my head at her question.

"Yeah, I do. The doctor said I'll probably be doing it till she's two. He said it's completely normal for her to nurse till that age. Some kids breastfeed till they're four!." I chuckled as I looked down at my girl. Lux took the opportunity to run into her Mum's arms, giggling madly at God knows what.

"What's so funny, little woman?" Lou laughed, threading her fingers through her daughter's blonde hair.

"Nothing Mummy. I was playing with Uncle Hazzy!" She squealed. Scarlett seemed to find all the giggling amusing, because a moment later she let out a cheeky screech of her own.

"You find that funny, babes?" I cooed happily down at my daughter. She stared up at me with piercing emerald eyes, her face breaking out into a toothless grin.

"Lux! Where's Uncle Harry's favourite girl?" Harry cried playfully as he ran into the dressing room in search of Lux, the little girl hiding behind her mother, trying to muffle her giggles against her Mum's shoulder.

"Look Lux! It's Uncle Dorky." Lou cheered teasingly. Upon hearing the silly nickname Lou had for Harry, I let out a surprised laugh as I adjusted Scarlett in my arms.

"Come on Uncle Hazzy! Play with me and Scar." Lux grinned innocently, moving toward me and grabbing one of Scarlett's little hands.

"How about I just play with you? Just Uncle Harry and his favourite girl." He smirked, looking directly at me. At his words, I lowered my gaze to Scarlett, who was looking at Harry intently.

"Harry," Lou warned. He flashed her a smile. "What?" He grinned almost too sweetly.

I was quick to busy myself with Scarlett's tiny dress, fixing it for her and laying her back in the crook of my arm. Now that she was facing both Harry and Lux, Scarlett reached out towards Harry as if letting him know she also wanted to join him and Lux, who was sat next to Harry playing with his mobile phone.

"I'm not picking you up, kid. So just stay right where you are." He huffed dryly.

For some reason, Scarlett found that extremely amusing, because she let out a row of innocent giggles. My heart was hurting for my baby girl, I felt horrible for letting him speak to our daughter in such way, but sadly, it's nothing I haven't heard before and have already tried to stop. I kissed the top of her head repeatedly as if apologising for his behaviour.

"I'm so sorry, my angel..."

HARRY

"I'm not gonna pick you up, kid. So just stay right where you are, you little bugger." I huffed at the little pest.

To my complete and utter surprise, the little girl let out a row of giggles.

Something in me felt funny -fondness?- As I heard her giggle.