Chapter 64 - Reveal

Start from the beginning

The next morning, he went to work as usual. I checked in with Emma and she said I had an appointment with a new client at 10, and that was all she had for me. I called Jun to let him know what the plans for the day were and then took my time getting ready.

I showered and dried my hair. It went up into a bun because I really had no desire to fool with styling it. A little BB cream, some mascara, and a pink liptint and I was done. I slipped my robe off and hung it on the bathroom door. I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror and noted how I seemed bigger overnight. I actually looked pregnant instead of bloated. I smiled as I caressed the taught skin of my stomach. I had Lee Minhyuk's baby in there. I had a baby in there.

As if she knew what I was thinking, the baby kicked, and I laughed. "Hi there, little girl," I said to her. She kicked again. "Do you have any idea just how very special you are?" Another movement. "I guess you do." I reached for some cocoa butter lotion that Nikki had sent me and smoothed it on my stomach, talking to the baby the whole time. Sherman sat at my feet watching the interaction.

When I got to the gallery, Sherman ran straight to Emma. She knelt down to pet him and commented that I looked different somehow. I turned sideways, smoothed my sweater down, and she grinned. "You popped!" she squealed with delight and jumped up. "It is a good thing you guys are about to make the announcement, because you aren't going to be able to hide that much longer."

"Thankfully I have stretchy pants! I think it is time to buy actual maternity clothes. Tamara is coming over tonight and we are going to do the interview. I am excited and nervous."

"I don't think you have anything to worry about. Monbebes will be thrilled."

"Most will, but you know there are always troublemakers."

"True, but things are different now. It will be fine." She hugged me and patted my arm.

"The door chime sounded, alerting us that our 10:00 had arrived.

After my meeting, Jun took me and Sherman to Halmeoni's for a visit. She also noticed the change. She made sure I was eating properly and not overdoing it at work. I told her that I had cut back my workload to client meetings and arranging the events. I had Emma who could run the place by herself, if she wanted to.

I told her about the dizzy spell a few days earlier, she didn't seem too concerned. She made me promise to keep up my appointments and to stop trying to do so much. I told her I didn't feel like I was doing much. I was bored a lot because I had cut back so much, but I had a lot more energy and I felt like I could do a lot more. I kept active by walking Sherman and swimming. I hadn't been hiking lately, but I take my camera when we walk. She patted my hand and told me it would be fine, just be careful. She was wise and always right, so I took her words to heart.

She sent me home with a ton of food, as usual. The guys didn't come by for dinner as often now that they were scattered, but they made it a point to come over when I had food from Halmeoni. We tried to eat together at least once a week, sometimes more. Min saw them every day, but meals were different now.

Tamara was in for a shock. She was expecting only me and Minhyuk, not all of Monsta X. Min arrived home with his entourage in tow. I was greeted first by him with a kiss, then by each member with a hug and belly pat. Wonho always pressed his ear against my tummy, as if he were listening to what she had to say. My baby was the luckiest baby in the world. Oli was no longer a baby, so I was able to claim that title for JangMi.

The guys helped me set up the tabletop grill and get everything ready. Just about the time we finished, Tamara called. Her driver was out front. We opened the gate and let her inside. She stepped inside and exchanged her shoes for gest slippers and hugged me. She commented how I looked and said how jealous she was. I laughed and thanked her.