The Alpha was being torn apart, from obeying his grandmother's orders to behaving like a proper Alpha, while Rogue murder cases are being pinned on him, and DNA evidence could get Al arrested---it's like the whole world was against them being together. He also can't force Cyrus to come out and declare that they are mates. Hell, Cyrus doesn't even know Al is a werewolf.

"I didn't ask Jessie out, believe me and I don't plan to two-time you with her or anyone else." The Alpha embraced him from behind, stuffing his nose in Cyrus's dark hair. "My grandmother thinks Jessie would be good for me as my new girlfriend, after my ex died."

Cyrus squinted. "Your ex...died?"

Al sighed out, he hasn't talked about Selena to anyone in years. Because it was both painful and traumatising for him. The more Al thought of horrible possibilities that the same thing might happen to Cyrus---that Al could lose him too, that he can't protect Cyrus from Rogues, let alone from Grim his own wolf and he'd also suffer just like Selena did. Al becomes obsessive and overprotective of him, but he knows Cyrus doesn't like that so The Alpha tries to keep himself under control.

"I had an ex-girlfriend, her name was Selena. She was a Zeta rank just like you." Cyrus was shocked at how weak and mournful the blonde boy sounds while holding him. The way Al's big hands trembles; scared. He murmurs. "I lost Selena...in a tragic way, and I um...kept losing everything after she d-died." Cyrus placed his hand on top of Al's while listening to him speak.

The Alpha was never good at dealing with his emotions, inner turmoil and especially losing a loved one. Greif is closely similar to dying for Al, because he felt utterly guilty just to be alive.

"Jessie was Selena's best friend and you see, my family isn't just rich. We have traditions and my parents along with many people have expectations of me. Including my grandmother, she seriously worries about me ever since it happened and she wants Jessie to be my girlfriend. But...I really like you."

Cyrus blushed hearing Al say that. It still felt new to him that someone who was out of his league likes him, Cyrus sorta thinks Jessie was a better match for Al; like a power couple. Though Al seems more interested in him than in Jessie or any other girl, but Cyrus just wasn't ready yet to broadcast that he's attracted to the arrogant blonde boy in a romantic way. He wanted to get to know Al more personally, befriend him better and then go out on dates.

The way normal people fall in love.

Cyrus knows they're skipping steps.

And he's never dated anyone before.

This all must be difficult for Al to tell him, about his ex-girlfriend who died and his grandmother pairing him up with Jessie. Cyrus patted his golden wavy locks saying. "Ally It's okay, you don't have to tell me everything, I can tell this is hard for you and if you're not ready yet, it's fine. But when you are I'll be there to listen to you, okay."

Cyrus turns and pecked Al's cheek. "I have to go now, please don't get into anymore trouble." The Alpha looked away, Al wasn't sure he could do that.

Cyrus pouted adorably. "For me? Can you please stay out of trouble for me."

"Yes yes!" He nodded so eagerly it's a wonder Al's neck didn't snap in half. Smiling like an idiot, while giving his baby boy little kisses on the shoulder. The Alpha seemed to cheer up after Cyrus and him went separate ways to avoid unwanted attention of people.

-------------------------

He headed straight to Weiler's office, where Chief Prescott introduces Cyrus to three police field detectives. "This is Lucas Nigel Coleman and his two younger brothers, Izon and Tate. They graduated from Northwood years ago and know the school very well. They were recommended by Mrs. Harrison and Mr. Rye. They will be around for your protection, as you're possibly an interest target of this killer who might be connected to the people who left you in that warehouse." Cyrus stares suspiciously at the three detectives.