࿐ ˚ . ✦ 25

i hope everyone's okay 🤍

y/n could remember the chilling breeze whipping her hair beneath the trees, her feet slamming into the icy snow- like knives stabbing at her skin. it was brief, a moment, a flash- something of the sort, where the sucking of air became too hard to continue- as if icicles had formed into her lungs and we're freezing her blood stream. her cheeks stung with frost, the corners of her eyes frozen with tears, from what? she couldn't remember. and that flash turned into paralysis- as if a flaming icicle drove through her heart, and she almost felt relief. y/n could still see the blood staining the snow as she sunk into the earth. she died that night, cold and alone. but before the blur of blood and snowflakes coated her eyes, the faint chuckling of a man taunted her agonizing slumber, his brown boots circling her body, and grinning down at her lifeless body.

waking up from death felt dreary, as if part of her really did die in that snow. how far did she run from home? how long was she running from those gunshots and the flashes of color? at first, it was numb- as she pushed herself up from beneath the snow. her skin wasn't frozen or purple, but glittery and blurred. was she in heaven? she knew this couldn't be true when the cold came back, and the darkness crept closer. she trotted onward, clinging to her thin blanket- heading where? she didn't know, but away from the bloody snow, where the footprints once laid, now covered by more snowfall. she could feel the sting begin to take in effect again- part of her hoped he would come back and kill her again, just to put her out of this misery. but as she felt she could go no longer- a blur of pink moved between trees in the distance- a torch hovering beside it. she sighed- condensation spilling out of her throat. she opened her mouth to call for it, but nothing could come out. she stumbled closer- and there she saw it, the blur of a last hope. she tried to move her cracked lips, but only blood pricked through. it's figure only feet away- she reached out- only before her knees went weak, crumbling beneath her weight and pulling her back into the snow. she couldn't move- she wanted to crawl, to drag herself to that hope, but she couldn't. she could only feel weightless- and starry-eyed, as the world shrunk around her, and it felt as if she died again.

----

y/n opened her eyes, back in technos arms. she frowned.

"what a funny dream", she whispered.