˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆ 20

tw: injury, blood, corpses (?), scars

"you should bury her" phil huffed, "even if she does come back, the dirt it'll be nice for her skin"

"but what if she doesn't...? i don't want to say goodbye just yet" techno frowned down at y/n's body, he pulled her limp body up to his chest with a wince. his stomach had been wrapped up, the wound wasn't deep, nor as painful as the thought of losing y/n.

"techno..." phil mumbled, "bury her, you'll kill yourself sitting here and just watching", techno frowned, nodding.

"what if she never comes up" he whispered. phil pursed his lips,

"then you'll have to make her a headstone" he sighed, walking over to the couch techno was curled up with y/n's body on. "c'mon now," he huffed, picking up y/n bridal style- techno felt sick at the sight of her head limply slinking over phil's arm, her eyes dull-

"wait..." techno mumbled, catching phil's attention. he stopped, raising a brow at techno. "let me just-" he bit his lip, taking his fingers and gently closing y/n's eyelids.

"now she's only sleeping, tech" moon reassured techno from the fire place, "that's all it is... and all we can do is hope that she'll wake up", techno frowned again- moons words only reminded him of the insignificance his actions currently held, that there was nothing he could do. he followed phil outside, where the two dug a grave in the garden- techno made sure to keep it shallow, in case she were to wake up and have a hard time clawing her way out.

"well..." phil sighed after they had finished the grave, techno swallowed, picking up y/n and gently placing her in the grave.

"i'm going to kill dream" he mumbled, "until he cant come back", phil nodded, picking up the shovel again and beginning to bury y/n.

----

"stop punishing yourself" moon mumbled from the fireplace, just after phil had left. techno furrowed his brows, staring down at the bland plate of food in front of him.

"i'm just, not hungry" he grumbled, picking up the plate and walking over to moon.

"she really made you happy, didn't she" moon frowned, techno didn't reply- scraping the food from his plate into moons fiery mouth. techno nodded, setting the plate down and walking over to the liquor cabinet. "no- not a good idea" moon interjected. techno ignored him, taking out a bottle of whiskey, and a crystal glass.

"i don't care" techno mumbled, sitting on the couch, and pouring himself a glass. he took a moment, looking at the small stardust fragments in the glass- then downing the whiskey in one swift motion. he repeated this routine, six, seven times- he lost count. techno stumbled over to the armchair by the window, the one y/n had sat at a few times, curled up in her feather blanket, just watching the snow. times like that, he would pretend to read- really staring over the pages at her from the couch. he frowned, pulling up her feather blanket, the one he bought her the first time they went into town together. he pulled it up to his face, her scent wafting into his nose, those soft feathers reminding him of her lips he only got for a quick second. he groaned- the smell coaxing him onwards with haste. he inhaled deeply, tears pricking over his eyelids.

"techno..." moon frowned from the fireplace.

"fuck off- you want a bucket of cold water?" he sobbed, muffled from the blanket. he curled up onto the armchair, however he was obviously, much too big for it. he sighed, the feathered blanket wrapped around him, drifting into a sad, lonely slumber.

----

dirt rumbled from the garden, startling a nearby rabbit. the moon shines brightly onto the snow and garden, the night sky glimmering with stars. as the white creature scurried away, a hand reached up through the dirt, shaky and lost. it dug its fingers into the dirt- pulling itself upwards. another hand emerged from the dirt, shivering. more dirt scattered, falling from its mound. y/n rose from the ground, her head flying upwards from the dirt- and gasping for air.

----

a small noise awoke techno, the haze of whiskey still dewing over him. he grumbled, moons fire being the only light in the dark house. he looked over at the clock,

"past midnight" he mumbled, clink- he jumped to his feet- the sound of someone lurking outside causing his ears to perk up. he picked up his sword from the table, walking over to the door slowly. he raised it, peaking out the stained glass window. he cracked the door, peaking out- nothing. he pulled the door fully open, the snowy plains in front of his house laid empty, not a footprint, and the dark forest past that stared back at him, growling with hunger. he frowned- lowering his sword. however, he looked down- his eyes widening.

"techno?" the raspy voice whispered. y/n had curled up at his front door, shivering from the cold. he lost his breath- dropping the sword, and falling to her level.

"you're... you're back!" he choked, reaching his hand out to touch her cheek. y/n nodded, reaching her arms out and wrapping them around techno. "i'm not dreaming?" he mumbled, she shook her head.

"i hope not" she whispered. he sighed, wrapping his arms around her tightly, to warm her, to hold her, to keep her safe.

"i'm so sorry-" he mumbled, "i'm a fool", she shook her head, placing her frozen hands onto the sides of his face- and placing small shivering kisses on his cheeks.

"you're not-" she mumbled "you're not!"

----

techno and y/n stayed quiet, enjoying the warm presence of one another. techno had drawn a bath, warm with flower petals. he pulled her up close to his chest in the water, gently scrubbing off the dirt and blood staining her skin. he washed her hair, running his fingers through it, and pressing kisses onto her shoulders and neck. she pulled her knees up to her chest, resting her head against them, and running her thumb over the red scar on her chest. techno pursed his lips, gently wrapping his hand around her wrist and pulling her to face him.

"beautiful" he whispered, running his hand over the scar, then down her waist. "aphrodite couldn't compare", y/n blinked, smiling.

"i would not wish any companion in the world but you" y/n whispered.

"the tempest" techno smiled.

make sure to vote ! <3