˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆ 15

tw: memory loss

in the moonlight forest, dirt gently rumbled from below- something shaking it from beneath. a hand slithered from the soil, tightly gripping onto the earth and pulling itself up. quackity ripped himself from the roots with a gasp, shaking the dirt off of himself and shivering in the cold, snowy, dark night.

----

"techno...?" y/n whispered from the doorway. he opened his eyes, sitting up from his bed. she gulped- her eyes wandering down his bare chest- the rest cut off by a fluffy blanket. she pursed her lips, "i cant sleep on that couch...", techno nodded, shuffling over on the bed, and lightly patting the spot next to him. she smiled, tiredly stumbling over to the bed and climbing under the blanket, her back ever so distantly touching his chest. techno bit his lip, staring down at her sleepily. he rolled onto his back- staring up at the ceiling with a tight jaw, the voices in his head starting up- whispering filthy things. he swallowed hard, as if she could hear them if they got too loud. she was warm though, and her breathing was light- her skin felt so soft against his. he gritted his teeth, eyes wandering across her. it took him a moment- to realize how deprived he was. deprived of affection, and touch- it hurt. y/n rolled over, her eyes closed and her face now nuzzled on to technos shoulder. he froze- the voices going quiet. he could hear her heartbeat, and the blood coursing through her veins, her lungs expanding softly. he rolled over so he was facing her, his hand gliding up her shoulder. she nuzzled further into his chest, purring at the warmth. technos heart skipped a beat, melting in her hands. he wrapped his arms around her, squeezing tightly- as if he let go, he'd never get her back.

----

when y/n awoke, techno was staring down at her with sleepy, hazed eyes. she smiled, opening to her mouth to say something but quickly cut off by techno-

"are you going to leave me...?" he whispered, "they always leave...", y/n frowned, her brows forming into a face of concern. she sat up, allowing him to still keep a soft grip around her. she placed a comforting hand onto his cheek, rubbing her thumb over the healed scar on his jaw.

"i wouldn't leave you... you're all i know..." she whispered, "i love you... you're my home", technos eyes felt heavy, tears welling up- he's... never heard that before. he kept a soft gaze into her eyes, the swirling colors melting against the whites, he sunk. moments passing, he felt as if he could stay there forever.

"love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind, and therefore is winged cupid painted blind" he whispered, leaning closer, her breath touching his lips ever so gently. he lowered his gaze to her lips, soft and warm- parted just enough to breathe soft promises and gentle kisses. butterflies swirled around his stomach, blowing the shell around his heart off like sand. "under loves heavy burden, do i sink" he whispered, lips grazing over hers, his hand raising up to her neck-

"techno-!" phil knocked on the door. techno hissed, pulling back, their lips unable to lock.

"one second...!" he called back, lowering his head. y/n smiled,

"can i stay...?" she mumbled, laying back down. he nodded, pushing his feet up off the bed and sighing. a small flutter remained, catching his attention, he turned his head- gazing at y/n, a sleeping beauty. then swiftly pulled away, pulling a sweater over his chest and stumbling out of his room.

"this better be important..." he huffed, taking the mug of coffee phil was handing to him.

"so..." phil grinned, "you're smitten...", techno almost choked on his coffee- he cleared his throat.

"i- dont..." he began, face reddening. phil chuckled into his coffee.

"i can smell her in your bed yunno-..." phil smiled. techno held his breath,

"nothing happened!" he gasped, "she just got scared..." he huffed, sipping his coffee again.

"mhmm..." phil grinned again, "you reek of her... she reeks of you..." he chuckled. "and to think- you used to be so confounded of her", techno narrowed his eyes.

"yeah, yeah..." he mumbled into his cup. phil looked back up, face straightening a serious look glazing over him.

"quackitys going to come back... you know that, don't you...?" phil mumbled. techno nodded, "he doesn't give up... he reminds me a lot of you" phil grinned.

"i'm not as heartless as he is..." techno grumbled.

"are you...?" phil cocked an eyebrow. techno swallowed, looking down. he chuckled, sipping his coffee, "you're an interesting one, i'll give you that" phil huffed. techno pursed his lips, ignoring phil's antics.

"get to the point, phil" techno grumbled into his cup. he chuckled again, laughing at technos stubbornness.

"yes, yes... i set up a few protection spells, good ones. he comes anywhere near here, he'll get a fire dragon in his face" phil snickered. "but, he probably won't come near here any time soon, at least... he'll want to prepare again", techno nodded.

"is that all...?" he mumbled, phil smiled.

"what... you wanna get back to bed or something...?" he smirked. techno huffed, his face flushing. "go on... i'll be here when you wake back up" he chuckled. techno smiled, nodding, and stumbling back to bed.

----

"techno...?" y/n whispered. he drifted awake, opening his eyes up at her. she sat peacefully, leaned up against the headboard with a book in hand. the morning light shined through her hair, blinding him and hazing the morning gloss over his eyes.

"hm...?" he mumbled, smiling, hoping this would last forever.

"...it's almost midday..." she smiled, "i didn't want you to ruin your sleep schedule..." a small blush krept up behind her ears.

"it's okay... your presence is relaxing" he sighed, "what are you reading...?" he reached his hand up, taking the book and examining it. he chuckled, "romeo and juliet again...?", y/n blushed.

"i like it when they were happy... ill put the book away before mercutio dies..." she giggled, taking the book back. "are we going to do anything today...?"

"do you want to...?" he looked up at her, y/n shrugged. "i'm fine here..." he smiled. she nodded, laying back down.

"could i sleep here again tonight...?" she gulped, "i feel safer...", techno froze, smiling ever so slightly, of course! of course! please! the voices scattered around in his brain. he cleared his throat- nodding.

"yeah... whatever" he shrugged, hiding his excitement. he felt as if he was forgetting something, something he needed to let her know- it all drowned out in the bliss of this moment, oh well.

"i should make lunch!" she smiled, sitting up- techno quickly grabbed her wrist, tugging her back down.

"just stay... for a bit longer" he whispered. y/n nodded, smiling and nuzzling into his arm. technos heart melted, feeling at peace. he'd never felt so content, so protective and loving.

----

"i keep having this dream..." y/n whispered, techno looked up from his tea.

"about what?", y/n frowned, thinking.

"it's just... a smile... in a sea of everything, the smile stands out, it's not a nice smile, it's terrifying" she whispered. techno swallowed, a familiar face inscribed into his brain reappearing.

"does it ever say anything...?" he trembled. y/n thought for a moment, eyes drifting away.

"just echoes..." she mumbled, "-of memories and... now it's somewhere confined..." she shrugged, "my dreams are strange, arent they?", techno gulped, nodding.

please make sure to vote ! <3