stargazing

A/n: this was requested by jj aka Atxraxis :D

It was late at night. Shinobu is looking at the calming night sky. Its a full moon today, the stars around it. The majestic sight always brought solace to her perpetual state of anger. It reminded her that the world isn't all that bad, you can still find some beauty in it. But then she would remember her sister's death and her revenge plan, that would sully the image a bit.

Still, the atmosphere was peaceful and shinobu liked that. 'The sky is lovely.' Though her thoughts were interrupted by someone sitting next to her. She whirled around to see who it is.

"Oh tomioka-san?" She said surprised, she wasn't expecting him.

"...."

"Tomioka-san?"

"...." no response. She isn't surprised by his lack of an answer. She just sighed.

"Say tomioka-san.....why did you even come here?" She asked. Giyu just stared at her. 

".....i had the sudden urge to see you."

Shinobu blinked and turned to face him. "Eh?"

"I missed you..." he admitted. The woman turned red in colour. "I-is that so..." she stuttered. She felt warm by the statement.

"I was thinking about you, and i wanted to see you-" his mouth got covered by the flustered insect pillar.

"Ok i heard enough!!" She shouted embarrassingly. Giyu shut up after her outburst.

"So you came here on a whim~ h-how dumb~" she tried to tease him but her flushed face and stutter in her voice is just making her look cute. The cool ambient temperature around them isn't comparable to shinobu's face. Though giyu isn't worried about it.

The real reason why giyu is at the butterfly estate? Well, like he said, to see shinobu.

Flashback: a few hours earlier....

Giyu is in resting in his estate from training. Just sitting and drinking tea, mind lost in the waters called thoughts.

"I have to train harder, i can't protect anyone or anything if i'm too weak." He said outloud in the spacious room, his voice echoing off the walls. Giyu tomioka has always thought his life doesn't mean anything. He's the one to always survive, with people close to him protecting him and eventually dying. He can't understand why, why him? He's just a weakling, who can't protect the people close to him. Maybe he should end it all—

He stopped. And noticed the beginnings of a white bandage on his left arm. Out of curiosity, he raised the sleeves up to view the bandage.

"How did i get this again.....oh right, kocho gave it to me...." a few days earlier shinobu, after the pillar meeting, noticed to some dried blood on his arm. An old wound opened up by giyu's vigorous training.

"Tomioka-san, you had an injury, how come you didn't visit the butterfly estate to get it treated." She complained while she bandaged his gash. Giyu didn't see the need to go. In fact, the only reason he goes in the first place is because kagaya tells him sometimes.

"....i didn't want to trouble you." He answered. An annoyed smile appeared and she tightened the white cloth on his arm, purposely. He hissed.

"This isn't about trouble, its about maintaining your health tomioka-san. Please take care of yourself, i don't want your body to fail because you don't want to 'trouble' anyone." She said seriously, a smile gone from her face. She looked directly at him, a look he has never seen on her face.