Chapter 28

Jungkook felt bare and vulnerable under his mother's stare. He had missed her warmth. He acted like he didn't want their love but after jimin, he understood that all he wanted was their love and confirmation. He wanted to make them proud but everything he did was never enough. Never appreciated. It was time for him to make himself happy and accept himself truly and be proud. If his parents couldn't accept it, then it was time for them to go separate ways.
"Mom?" He said voice shaking a bit from the nerves as he looked up at her from her lap which he was keeping his head on.
"Yes son?" She asked feeling his nervousness filling the room.

"I-I love jimin. I'm in love with a guy, mom." He finally said.
He heard his mother taking in a sharp breath, his heart beating frantically as he sat up.
"I don't care what you think, I mean I c-care but if you-u won't accept that it-" his words were cut off as his mom hugged him tightly.
"Shh Jungkook don't panic. It's okay honey. I promised that I will always support you no matter what." She said softly calming his erratic heartbeat.
"You're okay with this?" Jungkook asked, voice laced with pure surprise and confusion.

"Before I was not with the whole concept but since recently I've grown to accept it and understood that love was love, no matter the gender." She said smiling a bit as she ruffled jungkook's hair.
"I-I don't know what to say. I thought it would be so hard than this. Gosh I was so stupid for stalling this for almost a year." He scoffed at himself.
"But thankyou mom. This means a lot." He said with a real smile.
"I'm sorry that I made you think that I wouldn't understand you." She replied.
"It's okay mom." He grinned.

"So jimin huh? I kinda had a feeling that you liked him." She said in a teasing tone, making Jungkook flush red.
"H-how did you even know that?" He asked stuttering from embarrassment.
"Well you weren't very subtle about hiding it. I saw the way you looked at him that day when he came to our house and the other day when you told us about him winning that competition? I don't think you realized that you couldn't stop talking and complimenting him. Don't make me talk about that glint in your eyes and that pretty smile of yours that wasn't to be seen anywhere but suddenly you have a new friend and you're smiling happily." She rambled on laughing at her embarrassed son's misery.
"I wasn't THAT obvious!" He pouted.
"Sweetie, I'm your mom. I can see it when you change or act weird." She said with a laugh.

"Well now it doesn't matter anyway. He's leaving me and going back to America." He whispered, the happy glow washed away by the reality.
"Why is that?" She asked surprised.
"When he went back to New York for his business, his dad found about me and told him that I wasn't good enough. He threatened jimin saying that he'll destroy my business and marry him off to one of his friend's son." He sighed sadly.
"Oh my god. That man is more cruel than your father." She said earning a chuckle from Jungkook.
"I didn't even know this until later when I heard it from tae and Yoongi. So earlier today I shouted at him for being so selfish and tossing me away like what we had was nothing but he was protecting me mom. He thinks that I don't love him but I do! So much but I couldn't even tell him." He whispered.

"Ohhh honey. Now that you know everything why don't you go apologize and tell him the truth?" She asked as she hugged him.
"But he made it clear that he doesn't want to see me again and I don't want to go before I talk to dad about this too. I've postponed and made the same mistakes too many times and I'll be damned if he gives me another chance." He replied.
"Your dad's not in a good mood today. His voice was upset when we talked through the phone and you're still sick. So tommorow after our dinner with your grandparents, you can talk about it. He'll be in a much better mood and I don't know what your dad thinks about these kinds of relationships so you might wanna do it when he's happy." She explained calmly.
"Hmm you're probably right mom. Jimin's not leaving till the day after tomorrow so after I talk to dad, even if he doesn't approve, I'm gonna go and tell jimin everything." He said, falling on the bed to rest his puffed heavy eyes.