Chapter One

It was the day of the debutante ball where all young nobles joined to enter high society. Commonly they debuted at the age range of 16 - 18. The Valeis Kingdom held the yearly debutante ball always at late spring in the royal palace. All noble families gathered to this event and at some time even foreign families.

This year the Marquess Ayers only daughter debuted, Jisoo Ayers. The Marquess family counted to the most wealthy families in the whole Valeis Kingdom. They owned a lot of land and mines which brought a lot of rich harvest and gems.

Jisoo debuted with 17 years not as one of the youngest nobles. But as being the crown Prince's fiance, she already gathered enough attention against her will so she rather waited a year longer before entering high society. She never asked to be engaged to him, neither has she ever seen the crown Prince. But her parents and the King decided on this political marriage a long time ago. Of course the King would want to have the money of the Ayers family. Money is power.

It was still early as Jisoo was sitting in front of her mirror and was being dolled up for the ball. The maids surrounded her, busy with styling her long wavy mint hair, painting her fine nails and applying makeup on her soft features. As they finished their work and stepped to the side, she opened her eyes and looked at her own mint eyes in the reflection which where sparkling like never before.

"Wow!" she exclaimed "You did an amazing job! I suppose all the beauty procedure was worth it." It wasn't unusual to be dolled up, but with all the baths and oil tinctures this reached a new level for her. But when entering high society it was a must.

"Young Lady, please follow us, we will dress you now." Her personal maid Rosalie called gently out to her as the other maids carried the light pink dress over with the white embroidment and glittering tulle skirt. The dress was elegant and feminine.

As they finished the dressing a knock was heard at the door. "Jisoo? Are you done?" a female voice called out. "Yes, come in."

The door opened and a young lady with dark purple- chest long hair entered the room. Her shining yellow eyes wandered over Jisoo's appearance and approved to her look with a nod. "You look perfect!" "You look awesome too!" came back as answer. Her best friend since childhood Lilith Arden, was dolled up too. She wore a black-blue dress with glittering sparks which reminded of the night sky and a decent black- stoned necklace.

Lilith Arden was a foreign noble daughter of the Marquess Arden from the small neighbor country Lucifs. Her family was full of mages. So their families established trades over generations. Marquess Ayers had a magic stone mines and Arden bought these for refinement since not mages couldn't make any use of magic stones. The finished products where often sold over Marquess Ayers again. Both Families made a huge win so they stood in close and good terms to each other. Lilith herself manifested her magic abilities at the young age of 10 and was sent to the big Valeis Kingdom since they provided better education for noble mages. She stayed at the Ayers residence since then.

"I'm glad I'm not the only one who debuts today. I think I would die in embarrassment." Jisoo complained. It was true that Lilith debuted today too even tho she was already 18. Since she is a foreigner it wasn't important for her to start early, so she waited that they could debut together. "You should calm down. There are so much young Ladies who come their first time out today so you wont stand out." Lilith shrugged away. "Except.. your fiance the crown Prince will show his face today and asks you to dance with him~ Then you should worry~"

"AAAAAHHHHH! Noo what if he really shows up?!" She panicked at the thought at meeting her arranged fiance. Lilith giggled and added casually "I wonder how he looks..? What if hes ugly? The Prince goes out very rare and mostly send only his aide. I'm sure its to hide his face." "Why do you have to say he's ugly?!" she replied with teary eyes and grabbed her mage friend on her shoulders. "There, There... he will look stunning for sure." Lilith patted her gently. "We should go now, they are waiting for us." Jisoo nodded in return and took a calming breath.

They walked outside where two carriages and Jisoo's family waited. "Good you are finally here. Jisoo you will ride in our carriage, Lady Arden you may use the other." Teamin Ayers, her father, explained. His eyes were mint like his daughters and his hair was dark brown and slicked to the back. "But father, how can I let her ride alone-" "Don't worry dear, we arranged an escort for her." Both girls blinked at the news. Jincheol, Jisoo's older brother stepped forward and reached out to his sister. "And I will escort you today."  'At least better as the Prince' she thought and accepted the hand and was lead to the carriage. Jincheol was 4 years older and looked very handsome. His mint hair was partly slicked back which gave him a young but still professional look. His mint eyes charmed a lot young ladies but he referred to stay away from any scandals.

After stepping into the carriage the Marquess lead the Marchioness in too. Juna Ayers has even longer mint wavy hair as her daughter and reminded one of a saint. Her light purple eyes looked calm and friendly at any time. As Everyone of the Ayers family was seated the carriage started off. Jisoo nervously waved out of the window to her friend.

Lilith who was left alone with a butler watched the second carriage coming closer to the entrance. It stopped in front of her and the door was opened from inside. A handsome man stepped outside with a most polite smile ever and reached his hand out for her. "May I escort you today, my Lady?" His eyes had a hypnotizing purple and his ledger worn hair was similar colored to her own. Liliths eyes widened in surprise by whom she had standing in front of her. "Solomon." She accepted his hand and was lead inside the carriage. As soon as they took off and were out of the view from the butlers eyes his smile dropped.

He leaned back in his seat in a way to familiar position and eyed the mage girl on the opposite of him. "The dress suits you well." She frowned at the compliment. "You look outstanding today as well, Cousin."

Solomon Arden, her cousin from fatherly side. He will take over the mage business and also the Marquess title since Lilith was the only daughter of her parents. He always showed a polite fake smile when he was out. But when he was being left alone with his relatives he quickly showed a different smile. "I'm not sure if I'm happy to see you after this long time or if i should be cautious." "Whatever suits you better." he gazed with indifference out of the window.