Chapter 19

My body could no longer support itself. Mother was at this point dragging me closer to Dimitri.

I felt a pit start growing in my stomach.

Was I going to throw up?

Now?! I can't.

The world felt like it stopped.

We inches closer and closer to the boy, and the pit in my stomach grew.

I actually cannot do this, this is so gross.

Instinctively i stopped.

"Y/n," my mom spoke through her teeth smiling, "come on," she tugged my arm.

Reluctantly, I continued to walk.

I got closer and closer to Dimitri standing by the roses, in the middle of our garden.

Once I got to Dimitri I didn't look him in the eyes, grazing my gaze off of his face onto his shirt or something behind him.

Something that wasn't his eyes.

I couldn't bear the sight of his eyes, especially right now.

Not now.

Please help me.

Someone. Something.

Please! Pleading with whatever forces were out there to get me out of all of this.

He looked like he was sweating a little.

Even in my moment of vulnerability I am utterly disgusted by him, I gagged silently to myself.

"Hey" he nervously smiled.

"What the fuck is going on" I stood in front of him, ignoring his eyes trying to look for mine.

"I-umm" he looked to his father.

"Why'd you look at your father like that" I stated quietly gritting my teeth.

Dimitri smiled. "It's nothing now shut up you're making this awkward," He spoke through his teeth like my mother had a little earlier.

He did not just say that.

"I don't like where this is going" I hummed to him quietly.

Dimitri smiled.

Watching his every move.

Grabbing a box from his jacket, bending down onto one knee.

Eww. No!

What're you doing?! My eyes yelled to him.

Get up get up get up. Get up!

No no no no no no no.

Please god no!

"What your father wants me to do" he whispered back at me.

"Y/n M/n L/n" he said, "will you," he paused for whatever reason, "will you marry me."

Huge waves of shock came over me.

Time slowed to a jolting stop.

Rage started to creep over my very being.

The whole world stopped moving.

Dimitri smirked, "Y/n" he said charmingly.

"Yes?"

"Will you marry me?" He asked again.

"As in?" I continued asking.

"As in will you be my wife?" He looked behind me.

His eyes are fixated on my face. I'm no longer avoiding eye contact with him.

"I-umm" I was at lost of words. This is the last thing I would be expecting from today.

Marriage?! Now?!

I'm barely 15!

"Y/n" Dimitri said. "Will you marry me?" He asked more sternly and rough.

Closing my eyes I thought for a second. "Yes, I think, maybe" I said.

Dimitri's eyes widened in excitement, as if a dumb fucking dog was given a treat. "Maybe not" I continued.

"What!" He said.

"What?"

"'Maybe not' yes or no Y/n. Will you marry me" he sounded impatient and angry, his voice was coarser than it was wayy earlier.

"We literally just got to know each other today" I whispered to him smiling.

"It really isn't my choice" he whispered back to me.

"Yes" I blankly stared at him.

I knew what would happen if I were to say no.

Dimitri grabbed the ring, jumping up from the floor and placed the ring on my finger.

I grabbed Dimitri's hand pulling him in. "I only said yes because if I were to say no I'd be disowned or probably murdered," I glared at him.

"Who knows though" I threw his hand off of mine.

Dimitri grabbed my wrist, "at least act like your happy" his tone was filled with rage.

I saw father walk towards us.

"Anything for you my love," I faked.

"Thats much better, you're such a good girl" he whispered back with a smirk, lifting my chin up to him.

Disgusting, I am now...his.

Something in me broke.

"Seems you two are happy" Father smiled.

"Oh well of course father I just got engaged" I smiled, faking my excitement.

All I want to do is cry.

Run away, lock myself in the deepest, darkest corners of the earth.

To cry my heart out.

My freedom, my dignity, my future.

Lost.

Forever.