TWENTY-EIGHT

Her name is Destiny?

...Her name is Destiny?

Carter brought a girl on a trip to Mexico and a whole wedding with a girl named Destiny.

So we're not going to discuss how the words 'destiny' and 'karma' are literal antonyms of one another?

I really want to believe he didn't do that on purpose.

Anyways, the flight to Mexico wasn't long of course. The Plane was en route of the country as soon as Carter and Destiny got on the plane.

Destiny is certainly...quite the woman.

She has an accent that's reminiscent of a southern bell. She was also very cheery but she had a way of speaking and holding a conversation that was very blunt and honest. Similar to Jesse. Her voice had a twang to it that gave you the impression she was most likely from Georgia, Texas, Tennessee, or something. And I knew that I was right when she had mentioned that she's originally from Savannah, Georgia but moved to New York last year.

Carter was sitting in a corner nearest the front of the plane talking to Cyrus and Jesse had been in another room asleep because he complained that he was getting a migraine.

Giovanni and Chinelo had let me know a few minutes ago that they let Ryan win Uno because they got tired of him calling them cheaters

I also think that he also did that to avoid being anywhere too close to Carter but who knows because he seemed to be very sound asleep the last time I checked on him.

So it was me, Destiny, Pao, and Justine sitting amongst ourselves talking as they all sat around me in the seats that were occupied by Jesse and me before he decided to spend the rest of the flight asleep.

"So how did you and Carter meet?" Paola who is sitting next to me asks Destiny who is sitting across from me and next to Justine

Destiny waves her hand dismissively, "Oh we met in High School. Junior Year. I had the biggest crush on him when we were in school but he kinda curved me a few times." she scoffs and shakes her head with a smile, "I always knew he wanted me." she says with the utmost confidence, "It just took him a little while to see it. Y'all should've seen the look on my face when I got the call a few weeks ago that he wanted to hang out again." she giggles

I watch as Justine furrows her eyebrows at the revelation of Carter speaking to her again so random after all these years and I can't help but question it too.

Would it sound extremely self-centered if I said he was being disingenuous to Destiny and using her to forget about me?

Sorry, I still can't get over the fact that shawty's name is literally Destiny.

You can't make this stuff up.

"So...which one of y'all are getting married again?" Destiny points to the three of us expectantly waiting for either one of us to answer. Justine and I both point at Paola who's pointing to herself with a small grin." Oh Congratulations! I've heard so much about Ryan from Carter he seems to be the life of the party around here huh?" she asks and we all nod because it was true. Out of all of us, Ryan had the most energy and was always the most hype for almost no reason at all. It took a lot to get Ryan angry or upset.