FOURTEEN

"What the fuck even is his favorite color?" I groan to myself looking through my closet

"What the fuck even is his favorite color?" I groan to myself looking through my closet. "Do people that have gangs even have shit like that, favorite colors?"

I can't stand the fact this man threatened me and told me he loved me all in the same note.

Oh, wait. I can't call it a threat. No, he's going to say that it's a 'polite warning'"

Maybe I should wear red. He's familiar with blood and whatnot I'm sure he's grown to love the color by now.

How did he even manage to get a reservation at Ashton's when it's so ridiculously hard to even move up the waitlist.

One of my coworkers had talked about having an event there and they have yet to hear back from them about whether or not they could book the place.

So how did Jesse, no longer incarcerated, Duran snag a spot at such an exclusive restaurant.

I looked over at the clock on top of my vanity to see it was 6:30. I had thirty minutes exactly to get there before Jesse started throwing a fit of some kind and I still didn't even know what to freaking wear.

I hear a loud knock on my door and I'm stunned.

He wouldn't come here to pick me up would he because he never said anything about that? I'm literally only wearing my bra and underwear.

I stand in shock for a few more seconds before more knocks violently hit my door over and over again. The person on the other side refusing to stop for some reason.

Paola, Justine, Ryan, and Cyrus were off doing their own things together so I was by myself for tonight. Or at least I was supposed to be until Jesse decided to leave hundreds of flowers around my office that I didn't know what to do with so I started giving them out to anyone I saw.

Leslie took some along with some of my other co-workers. I was waiting for the rest to die or something so I could throw them out. I rush out of my room and head straight to Paola's as the knocks continued. I go inside her room and grab her robe and put it on, quickly tying the ropes around my waist to conceal my partially naked body away from anyone at the door.

I run to the door and look at the peephole only to see nothing but darkness...yet the person was still knocking.

I push my ear up against the door and say, "Who is it?" only to be met with a gruff-sounding voice on the other side.

"Personal Driver to Mr.Jesse Duran." he says slowly, "Here to escort you on the way to your meeting with him in a few minutes."

I slowly open the door, peaking my head through the crack of it only to be met with a chest. This makes me raise my head higher only to be met with a tall man with a ginger red hair colored beard and a buzzcut. Wearing a pair of sunglasses...at night and a black suit with his arms crossed looking down at me. A smile on his lips, "You must be Ms.Onuoha." he says and I give him a firm nod.