SIX

I was sitting behind my desk chewing on the bite of my burger I just took as Jesse stares at me from the other side of the desk, sitting in front of me, leaning back in his seat

He's wearing all black, just like the day we first met in AP Calculus. Black T-shirt, and Black jeans with a single gold chain hanging from his neck.

I took one of my hands off the burger to tuck my hair behind my ear, stressfully, clearing my throat as I avoided his eye contact, looking directly at my burger trying my hardest not to look back up at him. I turn to my left to look at my drink and I grab it quickly, swallowing the liquid contents of it harshly, placing it down again with a sigh.

I look up at the ceiling hoping that if I'm quiet and ignore him enough, he'll finally leave.

I feel something shift on my desk and I pay no mind until I hear some rustling and I look down to see a tattooed hand on top of the fries container that I laid next to my drink, trying to steal one and I gasp taking a hand off the burger and slapping his hand as hard as I can, watching him flinch away from the fries and holding his hand.

He chuckles to himself, which is all he's been doing since he invited himself into my office, rubbing his hand he says, "I see food is still your first love isn't it, mama?"

I glare at him as I move my hand back to my burger to take another bite, "Well, I'm glad to see you haven't changed a bit." he says before his eyes roam the half of my body that isn't covered behind the desk, "Personality-wise, anyway." he looks around the office in awe before his eyes lock on the plaque on the desk that has my name, looking at it briefly before his eyes make contact with mine again, "Editor-in-Chief"

"I'm proud of you. You did well for yourself." he continues, "That's all I hoped for." he says more to himself as my heart flutters and the beating of it begins to quicken

He continues to stare hard at me as I finish my burger. When I take my last bite, I wash it down with my sprite. I stand up from my desk, cleaning up the trash I left, and walking around the desk heading towards the trash can near my door.

I feel his eyes follow me as I walk past him and I hear a soft whistle leave his lips as my back is to him when I throw my trash away.

When I turn around to walk back to the seat behind my desk I jump a bit to see he truly had been watching me as he makes eye contact with me scanning me up and down again.

That's all he's done since he came in here.

When I get to my seat, I clear my throat, reaching towards my unfinished fries, holding the container in my hands, leaning back, speaking for the first time, "How did you even get past my secretary?"

He smiles at the fact that I've spoken and he's quick to answer, "You have a secretary too?" he scratches the back of his neck, "Well, I didn't see them. Though that explains the empty desk in front of your office."