Extra~ Chapter 90

"Sumi what have I told you!" My Mom yells as she quickly covers her mouth, "You do not use those words in that manner, at least until you are out of my house! And you especially not use them towards your sister like that!"

"But I'm nothing now that she has two more sisters who are closer to her age, and are also adults," Sumi says as she pushes my Mom's hand away before running off inside the house.

Nala and Bear who had been sitting by the door watching everything run after her inside the house.

"I'll be back," My mom says sighing before heading towards the house but I grab her arm.

"I'll go talk to her," I say and she hesitates before nodding her head and allowing me to go after Sumi. Once I enter the house Bear comes running towards me and quickly stops in front of me, "Where is she?"

Bear lead me to the spare room, the door only open enough for the dogs to go in and out. Nala is laying in front of the closet door and her head quickly shoot up once I enter the room. She looks at the closet door and back to me before getting up and trying to push me towards the closet.

I knock on the closest door and hear a mumbled response. I sigh as I wave Bear away from licking the closet door, "Hey Sumi, do you think there's enough room in that closet for the two... five of us?"

There's a moment of silence before the closet door opens. I slide in and shut the door before the dogs can get in. I sit down in the dark before looking to where I believe Sumi is.

"Sumi, you are my sister, and it doesn't matter how big our age gap is you are still, and will forever be my sister," I say and I hear a small sniffle from her, "You know, I still remember being pulled o of class one day and our Aunt picking me up from school to bring me to the hospital because my little sister was born"

I laugh to myself before continuing, "I remember when I first got to hold you there, your Dad wouldn't leave my side, he was worried that I was going to drop you. Mom kept telling him to leave me alone, and that if he kept hovering over me she'd unbirth you"

I hear her laugh slightly after another sniffle. Even though I think my Mother has always had some kind of love toward my 'father' I think that the love she felt for Sumi's Dad was so much stronger. The years that he was in our life where amazing, and my 'father' has tried to come back into our life once during that time, but then didn't show up for years after that after meeting Sumi's Dad. My Mom was with my 'father' in high school, which led to my Mom having me just before her third year.

Sumi's Dad really was an amazing person. As much as I loved having my Mom walk me down the aisle I wish that it could have been him, or both my Mom and him.

"I know Mom doesn't like to talk about him, but could you tell me more stories about my Dad another time?" Sumi asks. It sounds like she's trying to force herself to sound happy, and keep her voice steady, but you can tell that she's been crying.

"Of course Sumi," I say and I feel her hand graze my leg. I reach out and take it in mine, "I'll tell you everything I remember about him"

Sumi was young when her Dad passed away and doesn't remember much about him. She used to ask about him a lot, but it's always been hard for my Mom to talk about. Whenever Sumi would ask her about him our Mom would try to give her any kind of response, but would end up having to excuse herself before she broke down. I think Sumi realized that it was hard for our Mom to talk about since she stopped asking, I guess she assumed that I would be the same way if she asked me.

"You know, I think Amida maybe right," I hear Sumi say as she sniffles, "Maybe I should quit basketball, dress more feminine, act more mature, and try with my appearance more"

"Sumi... what are you talking about? I thought you loved basketball, and hated Amida," I say, "What's wrong with the way you dress? And act? And there is nothing wrong with your appearance!"

"Well you know, almost everyone seems to like Amida now, and it seems like almost no one likes me," She says and she takes her hand away from mine, "She's right, I am just some worthless, ugly girl"

"Sumi if I weren't a legal adu- no you know what where's your face?! Let me slap you!" I say as I reach my arms out and get them slapped away. I sigh before leaning back against the wall and reaching my hand out. Waiting in the silence between us. Soon I feel Sumi's hand in mine and I take a deep breath, "Sumi, you don't want to be like Amida, nobody I know likes her, even Mika doesn't, and Mika loves almost every kid she's ever met!"

"Then why did everyone take her side! Why does everyone like her and not me?!"

"Sumi, I want you to breath for a moment and listen. You said that it seems like almost everyone doesn't like you?" She hums in response and I continue, "Well not everyone matters, in a sense, does that make sense... not everyone's opinion of you matters, it doesn't matter if everyone hates you or if everyone loves you, there are only a few people that matter, and I know how hard it is to accept that, so let's make a list of the people that matter"

There's a moment of silence, "Well Mom, you, Kotaro, Keiji, Asami, Rin, Mai, Ringo, Mika, Aimi, Tetsuro, Yachi, Alice, my nieces or nephews... and my Dad"

"See, now let's look at that list, let's start with me, I personally think that you are the best sister I could ever ask for, even if you did 'accidentally' throw you hamster out of your bedroom window at me when I left the house one time. I still don't understand how you can accidentally do that," She laughs and I shake my head, "Mom loves you, if she didn't she wouldn't work so hard to try and give you the best life she possibly can. Kotaro knew that by marrying me he would have to see you a lot more, and he still married me"

I hear her shuffle around a bit before she sits down beside me and I continue, "When Asami talks about you to people she refers to you as her sister, not her best friends sister, not her friend sister, her sister. Keiji still entered our house even though you seemed like you stalked him when you were younger. Mika spoils you like a grandmother with her only granddaughter"

Sumi laughs as I wrap and arm around her shoulders and pull her towards me, "I remember when Aimi forced her brother to help you practice basketball every week. Tetsuro always bring you sweets whenever he knows that he's going to see you, he says it because he saw how happy it made you when he brought some for the whole group one time. Yachi is constantly finding things to get you, or ways to help you with your school work, I don't think any of them would do any of those things if they didn't like you"

"As for Rin, Mai, Ringo and Alice, I think that them hanging out with you, while everyone else hangs out with Amida is proof that they like you. My babies here," I say putting and hand on my belly, "I can tell they like you. I cannot describe it but I can just tell... As for you Dad, I think he would be so proud of the person you are becoming Sumi, you are an absolutely amazing and beautiful person both inside and out and I think that would be more than enough for him to be amazed by you"

"Thank you (Y/N)," Sumi mumbles as she moves around a bit and gets comfortable beside me. I gently run my fingers through her hair and smile.

"Anything for you Sumi"

AN-
I haven't updated this story in what feels like forever and I am very sorry. I got busy with a few things and totally forgot about writing.
But I hope you enjoyed this chapter
Word Count~ 2190