Chapter eleven

Comincia dall'inizio

"She's homeschooled," He responded. I gave him a grateful smile and he winked at me. Bianca looked at me and frowned.

"Homeschooled? Why are you homeschooled?," She asked and I smoothed down my hair nervously. I didn't expect that question. I didn't know how to answer so I came up with a random lie.

"U-Um w-well I-I w-was b-bullied i-in m-my l-last s-school," I stuttered nervously. I twiddled my fingers togethers. I looked at the three of them nervously. Hoping they would believe me. Finally, Bianca put a hand on my shoulder.

"I'm sorry," She said and I gave her a fake smile and waving my hands.

"O-Oh it's fine, it happened a long time ago," I said. More like it never happened. I never knew I could be such a liar. Nate would chastise me for sure, he always knows when I'm lying.

"Even if it did happen a long time ago, it's still horrible that people bullied you," Jasper said and Jack nodded in agreement. I gave them my brightest smile.

"Well yeah but that's all in the past," I say and they all nodded.

"Have you ever thought of going back to school?," Jack asked and I immediately shook my head no.

"O-Oh I couldn't, the people at my old school made it so horrible that I didn't even want to look at another school," I said and Jasper looked at me in concern.

"What did they do?," Jasper asked. I clenched my fists and came up with another lie.

"They cut my hair and almost drowned me," I said through clenched teeth. It was silent before all of them yelled at the same time.

"What!," They yelled. I nodded my head. God have mercy on me for my lies.

"The girls were jealous of my hair so they grabbed me and cut my hair, it took forever for it to grow back," I said sheepishly. They all looked at me in shock.

"And the drowning part?," Jack asked and I sighed.

"We had a pool in our school and I was afraid of the water and I didn't want to get in. I remember the coach telling me that there was nothing to be afraid of but I still wouldn't go in. All the girls were laughing at me and as a prank, they grabbed me and threw me in the water but they put in the shallow end and I bumped my head against it and I was unconscious for three minutes until the coach came and gave me CPR," I said. As I finished, they all looked at me in shock and pity. Wow, I didn't know I could come up with a crazy lie like that.

It was silent until Bianca tackled me and we fell to the ground. She gave me the biggest hug in the world. I couldn't breathe because she was crushing me.

"I'm sorry that happened to you," She whispered as she got off me. I sat up again and looked at her. Tears brimmed her eyes. I held my hands up in defense.

"H-Hey it's fine, I'm over it," I said and she grabbed my hands.

"It's not fine, no wonder your so shy around us and don't know how to act, your practically afraid of us!," She exclaimed. I stared at her in amazement on how she could come up with that. Jack and Jasper slid in beside Bianca.

"You have nothing to fear from us, we'll be awesome together," They exclaimed. I stared at them in shock because they were so in sync.

"U-Um thanks, I guess," I said rubbing the back of my head. They smiled and nodded their heads and then we ate the sandwiches that Bianca made. As we ate, Jack looked at and asked a question.

"What did your parents think of the bullying that happened to you?," He asked and I choked on my sandwich at the sudden question. I coughed and Jasper patted my back. After a few seconds, I stopped. I stared at Jack, my eyes filled with tears. I didn't know how to answer that. I couldn't answer that. My parents are dead and all I have is my brother. I can't tell them that. I can't tell them that I'm an illegal second born. But then I had an idea.

"U-Um m-my p-parents a-are d-dead," I whispered. They stared at me and I looked down at the ground in shame, not letting the tears fall. Jasper cleared his throat and put a hand on mine.

"I'm sorry about your parents and I'm sorry were making you feel uncomfortable," He whispered to me. I gave him a weak smile.

"I-It's fine, I'm used to it," I say as I bite into my sandwich to keep from crying.

"S-So who do you live with?," Bianca asked. Jasper glared at her.

"Bianca enough, can't you see we upset her enough," Jasper hissed. I put a hand on his shoulder and he looked at me.

"It's fine, I live with my Cousin," I said and Bianca nodded in understanding.

"What's your last name? Can I look up who your parents are?," She asked and I froze. I instantly put a hand on my wrist even though I was wearing a very thick sweater.

"M-My last name is rather long," I said quickly. She stared at me in confusion and gestured toward my wrist.

"That's fine, I'll just look at your wrist and I'll find-," She started but I cut her off as I stood up abruptly and grabbed my bag.

"I have to go!," I said as I started to walk off. They all protested but I was already up the hill.

"Tasie wait!," Jasper called out. But it was too late, I was already out of the park. Once I was out, I ran to the house as quickly as I could. Nate always told me I was a fast runner whenever he played tag with me when I was little and he said I was like a little roadrunner.

I guess this little roadrunner never wanted to be caught.