Chapter fourteen

It was really hot. So hot that I felt like going back inside to avoid the heat. But I decided to embrace the heat because I want to live my life a little and also do something for Nate for once. I took out Nate's phone and put in the password. I searched for his GPS and clicked on it, I grabbed the ear buds Nate bought me and put it inside the phone. The supermarket Nate always goes to is called Happy Shopping because the bag always says that. So I put the name in the GPS because it had the option of either putting the name of the place your going or the address. It told me to cross the street, which I did.

I looked around and I saw houses, all different colors, and different sizes. Big, small, medium. All houses are beautiful to me. I saw kids playing with the sprinklers. I smiled at them and kept walking. It told me to take a right to where a big oak tree was. I touched the oak tree and smiled at it. The tree that gives us oxygen, I silently thanked the tree and walked away. The phone told me to take a left, making me walk passed the tree and cross another street. I smelled the fresh air and it smelled heavenly, wind slowly moved my hair from my face and I smiled. There were kids playing a ball and I smiled at them, just then a ball hit my leg and I glanced up from the phone. The kids were on their lawn while I was on their sidewalk.

"Hey, could you please pass the ball!," A Little Girl yelled. She looked about seven years old and pointing at the rainbow ball. I slowly picked it up and threw it at her, and she caught it with ease. She smiled at me and spoke.

"Thank you and I like your sunglasses!," She yelled. I smiled at her and waved.

"You're welcome and Thanks!," I yelled back. I walked to the destination that I was heading and I finally made it. The Happy Shopping was right in front of me. I slowly walked inside the market and cold air hit my body instantly. The air conditioned room made my whole body entirely cold and shivered, different from the heat outside, that's for sure. I walked around and saw how colorful everything was.

The fruits and vegetables were stacked neatly on crates on the right and vegetables on the left. Drinks in coolers and snacks all lined up perfectly. The shoppers were putting groceries in the shopping cart and chatting nonchalantly. I smiled at them. I can see why it was called The Happy Shopping because well everyone was happy including the employees. They were smiling that it even made me smile even more. But then my smile turned into horror when I realized I was wearing a tank top.

Exposing my wrists. Where everyone can see that I don't have my name on their and bar code numbers. They'll know I'm illegal or by looking at my wrists. This was a bad idea, I knew I should have never have done this. I knew I would get caught. I started to back away from everyone, ready to leave. When I realized something, my pockets. My pockets were deep enough to hide my wrists. So I decided to stuff my hands in my pockets and kept my head down, my brown hair cascading down my face.

I peeked through my eyelashes to where the medicines were, there were the snacks and spices, food products, milk, juices, yogurts, cheese, etc. But I couldn't find the medicine line, I couldn't ask so I kept looking.

I finally found it, it was in the last section. I quickly walked towards it. I scanned the medicines like crazy, trying to find it quickly so I could leave. It took me ten minutes to try and find to what I was looking for and when I was about to leave the section, I saw it. The red box that we use whenever we had a fever. I grinned, I held the box so it could cover my wrists. I walked away from the aisle looking at my arms, making sure it was covering my wrists. I was walking so fast that I hadn't realized I bumped into someone. I was about to fall backwards when a hand grabbed my wrist and pulled me forward.

I wrapped my arms around the person and had my eyes shut, my heart beating extremely too fast to be normal and I thought I was having a heart attack. But then my breathing became even and so did my heart. I opened my eyes and unwrapped my arms but still kept it on the person's chest. It was Jasper. I was holding onto Jasper.