Chapter five

~Five~

It has been two weeks since that incident with the boy and Nate threatening him and me finding out his name. It's also been me doing the same thing over and over, watching TV, reading a book, listening to music, painting the walls when I'm not suppose to and playing chess by myself. Like legit I'm beating and losing by playing by myself. I seriously feel like Rapunzel except without the long hair, the thief, and the chameleon. And also magic healing hair and Rapunzel doesn't have a brother either. I blew a hair out of face, that's been a habit of mine now. I also have a habit of thinking of that boy, Jasper Griffin.

I mean he scared the hell out of me by almost seeing me when I looked out the window and when he went inside my backyard and saw me, I freaked, but he was also cute, with his black hair and blue eyes, he's really handsome, but then I frowned and thought about the girl he's always with and she's probably his wife since obviously no siblings. Geez, that really makes my brother unique by him being the only one with a sibling. I mean he can do everything, he's a mechanic, he's a doctor, he's a comedian, he can cook, he's also a trainer at a gym, he works out, play the guitar, sing and he can also dance and draw.

The only reason he's not in a relationship is obviously because of me and sometimes I feel like I ruin his life. I always ask him this question if I do ruin his life and he gives me a lecture about saying that I was the best thing that came into his life, he's said that even if I wasn't born our mother would still have gotten sick because she has a weak immune system and would have died instantly and our father would have died eventually in the war so he would have been all by himself without me. I argued with him that we have a giant family and that he could have stayed with one of them. He said it wouldn't have been the same without our parents with him. We both didn't win that fight. Nate's been my whole life and he's always been there.

He told me everything, heck he even told me what a period was after I screamed that I had blood coming out of my little woman place. He had to explain what it was and why females get it, I asked if he gets one and he laughed and said no. He also had to buy pads for me, I didn't question him if anyone thought it was suspicious that he was buying pads, I feared the answer he would give me. I got from my bed and went to the living room and plopped down in the couch, seriously I'm sick of these damn house. I just wanna set it on fire that's how much I hate it. How come I haven't been going crazy since I've been stuck in this house, I should be a mad woman by now. Maybe it's because my brother keeps me sane and also painting helps me. I don't even know how I learned how to draw, Nate never taught me. He just gave me crayons and paper and I just started drawing the outside world.

When will I be able to go outside? I'm tired of my life being like these, I'd rather die than being in this damn house for the rest of my years. I sighed when I heard the door slam.

"I'm home!," Nate yelled. I hummed in response. He walked in and saw me lying upside down. He smiled and tilted his head.

"Hey," He said and I smiled.

"Hi," I whispered. He frowned and tapped my nose.

"What's wrong?," He asked and then he plopped down next to me.

"The usual," I responded. He sighed and even though I didn't see it, I was sure he rolled his eyes at me.

"I'm not even gonna comment," He said. I rolled my eyes and sat up straight getting a head rush so I put my head on his lap. He patted my hair and smiled.

"So what did you do today?,"
I asked softly. He played with my hair and spoke.

"I went to the hospital this time and had to give surgery to a guy with leg problems," He said sighing.

"Sounds like fun," I say chuckling. He just chuckled also. After my head cleared up, I sat up and went towards the kitchen, He followed me.

"So what do you wanna eat?," I asked as I opened the fridge. He hummed and his face look thoughtful.

"How about we make omelets?," He said. I raised my eyebrows at him and he shrugged.

"What? I skipped breakfast," He said. I sighed as I got the eggs and the cheese. He got the frying pan out of the cabinet and I turned on the stove.

I cracked the eggs and started cooking.

"So did you do anything else?," I asked as he handed me a fork and I stirred it a bit.

"Uh yeah, I've been helping out putting out the rides for the fair," He said as he got out the plates. I knitted my eyebrows together in confusion.

"What's a fair?," I asked as I turned off the stove and put the omelet on his plate and mine. I sat down and he sat down across from me.

"A fair is a place that takes place outside and it's huge, filled with these machines that you could ride on, also stands that sells food and sweet things and you play games to try to win a stuffed animal or something else and at the end of the day there would be fireworks," He replied as he ate. I widened my eyes in excitement and then my eyes turned into confusion again.

"What are fireworks?," I asked. He put his plate in the sink and he also took my plate. He grabbed the glasses from the cabinet and poured a glass of milk. He gave me a glass and he sat down across from me again. I raised my eyebrow at him.

"I'm waiting," I said tapping my foot. He smirked at me.

"Fireworks are made from chemicals and other things to make effects in the sky, they look like confetti, there design to look like flames, there's also random colors," He said. I squealed in excitement. I wanted to see them, like Rapunzel wanted to see the floating lanterns. Why do I keep making a reference to her?

"No, Ana," He sternly said. I groaned at him and then I clasped my hands together.

"Oh come on, I'll just stay out in the backyard!," I pleaded.

"First of all you won't be able to see the fireworks from the backyard, because remember that huge fence, yeah I made that for you so no one could see you so therefore the answer is no!," He yelled.

"But-" I started to say but he cut me off.

"Ana, you're never leaving this house because the government will never change their minds!," He yelled. My eyes widen in shock and tears poured down my cheeks. Nate's eyes widen in shock by his own words and spoke.

"Ana, I'm sorry I-", He started but I cut him off as I slapped him across the face.

"I hate you!," I screamed. I ran up the stairs and I slammed my door shut. I crawled into my bed and cried. I couldn't believe it, he said it. He finally said it. My brother, the guy who would always believe that one day I could go outside and have a life. He finally cracked and realized what I've been telling him since the day I could talk. I will never leave this house and there's no one to rescue me.