Chapter seventeen

I walked out of my house and noticed how all the houses were decorated for the Fourth of July. Red, white and blue as always, decorated lights and the American flag. I smiled at the decorated houses. I walked faster to get to the park. I finally made it.

The park was decorated with streamers, balloons, food stands had been painted with the American Flag. It was so amazing. I walked around in delight. Some teenagers were already here, some were just walking in like how I was. But I ignored them, I skipped around the park and started to smile. All the lights were out and I smelled wonderful food. I was so distracted that I hadn't realized I had bumped into someone. I took a step back and realized it was Jasper.

I had bumped into him. Again. Because of how distracted I get. I blushed and immediately placed my wrists against my back, because well, you know. Why do I always forget about my wrists when I'm thinking of going out again. It's like I left my brain at home also.

I hadn't realized that I was so deep inside my thoughts until Jasper yelled my name.

"Tasie!," He yelled and I jumped back. I looked at him and he had a amused look on his face as if he knew I'm always like this. Which I always am when I'm with him.

"Sorry," I whispered. He smiled at me and placed his hand on my shoulder. I felt the electricity again.

"It's fine, but hey, you made it!," He exclaimed. I nodded my head shyly. "Awesome, let's go"

Go? Go where? He grabbed my wrist and suddenly we were running. He was tugging my arm with such speed, that I almost tripped. He led me onto of a hill where other teenagers were. I gulped when I saw them. We finally stopped and he turned towards me, his face red from the running but also smiling.

"I want you to meet my other friends," He said excitedly. I looked around and saw so many teenagers chatting and laughing. It was overwhelming. Too many people. Too many people could look at my wrist and I would expose myself. I slightly backed away, too frightened of being caught that I hadn't realized Jasper grabbed my hand.

"Hey it's okay, you'll be safe with me, you'll be fine, I promise," He said and I looked at him. His blue eyes had reassurance in them and I slowly nodded my head. He still clasped my hand while he led the way to his group of friends, me looking down at the floor.

"We're here," He whispered. I glanced up slightly and noticed Bianca and Jack immediately. They smiled at me when they saw me, clearly noticing my shyness and it was like they knew I would be like this. They both got up and each gave me a hug and I gave them a pat on the back, awkwardly.

"Hey, how are you?" She asked. I smiled softly at her. I rubbed my arm softly.

"I'm okay," I said and she nodded her head smiled, showing her pearly white teeth.

"That's good," She said. Jasper made all of us sit down on the blanket and smiled at the rest of the people. He gestured towards me.

"Guys, this is my friend, Anastasia or Tasie as I like to call her," He said smiling brightly. The rest of them minus Bianca and Jack all said hi.

"Tasie, that's Heather, Kevin, Jane, Tyler and Amber," He said. Heather was a girl with blonde hair and tanned skin and had a bright smile on her face. Kevin, had jet black hair and piercings all over. Jane had red hair and stunning blue eyes and had a brilliant smile. Tyler seemed to have the good guy persona, with a blue v neck shirt and black jeans. Amber had black and red hair and a nose ring.

Everybody seemed to have a place in their group of friends and here I am, sticking out like a sore thumb. I smiled at them softly and looked down at the ground. Jasper leaned forward and spoke to his friends.