Chapter nineteen

My eyes shot open because I felt my bed shifting like crazy. I looked up and realized that Nate was jumping up and down on my bed, grinning like a mad man. He stopped and placed his hands beside my head, pressing his knees between my legs. He pressed his forehead against mine.

"Happy Birthday Anastasia Grace Light!," He yelled excitedly. I smiled and giggled.

"Thank you! But it's so early!," I said as I glanced at my alarm clock. It was 9:20 am. Wait. That was the exact time I was born. I stared back up at Nate who was still grinning.

"Did you seriously waited until it was the exact time that I was born?," I asked and he nodded excitedly. He was so excited for me that I smiled back. "Alright, now get off of me."

He got off me and I got off my bed. He grabbed my wrist and shoved me inside my bathroom.

"Now go fix yourself because you are going to have the most awesome birthday ever," He said. I nodded my head in agreement.

I closed my bathroom and smiled. Nate was always like this every year on my birthday. Always excited for me on my birthday. I brushed my teeth, making sure I got each and every one of my teeth. After I finished, I dried my face. I took off my clothes and bathed, my fever finally left me after Nate hovered over me all night long, I honestly thought I was gonna be sick on my birthday but Nate managed to fix me up like the doctor that he is. I got out of my shower and dried myself. I went to my room and put on my bra and underwear.

I went inside my closet and grabbed my black dress. Even though I knew I wasn't gonna do anything, I always loved dressing up for my birthday. I slid on my dress and smoothed it out. I grabbed my high heels and slid them on. I went to my bathroom again and put on makeup. I finally finished and smiled. I went down the stairs and saw balloons everywhere. The hallway, Kitchen, and living room were filled with streamers and balloons.

Confetti was on the floor, leading a trail to the kitchen. I giggled and followed it, walking all the way to the kitchen. Confetti hit my face and I heard Nate's laughter.

"Happy Birthday Ana!," He yelled. I laughed and hugged him. We swayed slightly and squeezed each other. We pulled apart and Nate grabbed my arm and led me to the table. There was pancakes stacked up with seventeen candles.

"Make a wish!," He said and I closed my eyes with only one wish. Freedom. I blew out the candles and Nate clapped.

"Yay, what did you wish for?," He asked and I giggled. I shook my head at him, placing my finger on my lips.

"If I tell you, it won't come true," I said. I was obviously right, it was never gonna come true but Nate didn't need to know that. Nate rolled his eyes at me but he grinned.

"Dig in!," He yelled. I sat down and dug into my delicious pancakes. Chocolate chip pancakes, my favorite. He only made it for special occasions like my birthday. After I finished, I put the plate and fork in the sink. I turned around and saw Nate practically bouncing on his toes.

"Come on, come on!," Nate yelled grabbing my wrist and leading me to the living room. In there, were gifts all over the place. I looked at Nate and gave him a coy smile.

"Nate, you went all out again," I say as I sat down on the floor. He sat down beside me, crossing his legs. He smirked at me and poked my cheek.

"It's your birthday, I always go all out, I couldn't help it," He said and he picked one up. "Open it."

I opened and it revealed a pink dress. The material was gorgeous, small diamonds on the top a little bit, soft to touch, it was amazing. I leaned over and gave him a hug.